“Hopefully not gone forever”
Review of Green Monkey - CLOSED

Green Monkey
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Hopefully not gone forever”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I am so sad to hear of Green Monkey's closing! I hope to see the owner and chefs open up elsewhere! Where you go I will follow :(

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank zupamum

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“CLOSED - Aug 30, 2013”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We are all very sad about this, but the excellent Green Monkey restaurant closed their doors on Friday, August 30, 2013. The article in the paper said that the restaurant had already been sold to a new owner, but nothing was said about the new name, food style, or anything else. The Green Monkey website has a goodbye notice on the homepage. Farewell, good old Green Monkey! You sure were a good restaurant. Hoping something nice takes your place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank alborealis
Dover, New Hampshire
“Felt like family”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I would not be back in Portsmouth until ~9:30PM that Thursday. I called to inquire about reservations, and though it states that they are open until 9:30, they said they would put us down for a 9:30 reservation. We actually made it there around 9:20 and the staff and owner couldn't have been more welcoming! We were able to hear 1.5 songs from Brian Capobianchi (he gave us a copy of his CD which was to be celebrated the following weekend in Boston and which we here was a big success)...he was great and we were disappointed that we hadn't heard more...!! Now to the food! Again, LOVE different dining experiences; maybe 12 tables, great bar, GREAT food, wonderful service!!! We will definitely be back on our next visit to Portsmouth!!!

Visited August 2013
“The Perfect Choice”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My daughter and I were in search of a place to eat after a long ride with lots of traffic. I keep gluten free and often have difficulty with Menus. This was perfect, so welcoming, food delicious, bet Martini and the music was wonderful. I highly recommend this place, fun but peaceful what a great combination. The food was real,unprocessed and delicious blend of flavors.

• Visited July 2013
Saco, Maine, United States
“Absolutely Wonderful Find!!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I dine out each Friday,and are always looking for new restaurants to try. We strayed south to Portsmouth, from our usual dinners in Portland and we were not disappointed. We made reservations, which were recommended on the website and were quickly and kindly helped by Alana. It was she who greeted us at the door and, though we were about 10 minutes early for our reservation,we were quickly shown to our table. The atmosphere was very nice and comfortable, very tastefully decorated. Our waitress, Katie was prompt to our table and took wonderful care of us. We started with the local mussels which had wonderful flavor, and a couple Martha's Vineyard oysters with a wonderful strawberry champagne sidecar. My first time with an oyster and it was fabulous!! Our meals were delicious, though my steak was not cooked enough, which Katie quickly took care of, and when the meal returned it was cooked correctly and was on a brand new plate with all new potatoes and vegetables. The young woman who was running food was friendly, and engaging. The team of waitstaff, hostess, and bartender all worked seemlessly together to make a great team. For dessert we had the chocolate mousse and it was delicious! We left feeling full, but as though we had just had a wonderful, yet decadent home cooked meal. This restaurant was a true find and we will definitely be returning!!! Kudos to the owner for such a wonderful place.

• Visited August 2013