“Easter Brunch”
Review of Rudi's Portsmouth

Rudi's Portsmouth
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudi's Portsmouth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 202 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cross street: Congress Street
Portland, Maine
“Easter Brunch”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We found the drinks and appetizers to be tasty, but the meals themselves left something to be desired. Avoid the "hash"- it was a plate filled with potatoes with some bacon bit sized pieces of meat sprinkled over them. We also tried the monte cristo which was just fine, and the huevos rancheros which were bland and lacking black beans. The service was good and the brushetta was very good, but not good enough to bring us back to Rudi's for brunch again.

• Visited April 2014

Guilford, Connecticut
“Nicely attentive”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Smart attentive service. Nice selection of local beers. The filet special came out perfect and the potatoes with chorizo was great. We didn't get a chance to try the apps, but they looked great. Wish I was going to be there for their wine vs beer dinner in May.

Visited April 2014
Georgetown, Massachusetts
“Good food”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Food was really good. Everything we'll done. Nice place with nice people.
Nice relaxing place to have a meal.

Visited April 2014
Prescott, Arizona
“Perfect Steak in Good Atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Went there for a Wedding and service and atmosphere was really good. Be sure to get directions in advance because it is hard to locate, but has parking in Rear. Just remember it is in Market Square area, on congress street not really High Street. Warning, bloody mary was not the best but food was good.

• Visited April 2014
Hartford
“Took forever and a rude server too”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We had a noon reservation for brunch and were promply seated when we arrived. We ordered some drinks and then a few minutes later ordered our meals. I odered a salad and a main course, while the others in my group (there were four of us) ordered only a main course. My salad arrived promply (spinach salad with figs and walnuts) and i enjoyed that. Then we waited... and waited... and waited.... until I flagged down our server. I asked if I could get a status for our meals and she said 'they are cooking" . I relied that it seemed to be taking a long time and she informed me that she had to 'course' the order (I guess I was to blame since i was the only person that ordered a salad). It took another 25 minutes for our meals to arrive (it is not 1:30). She asks if she can bring us anything else and I say yes, a fork. She did not ackowledge me and asked the table again if we needed anything else. Thinking she did not hear me I said again, yes a fork, to which she barked 'I heard you the first time'. When we finished our meals she asked if we wanted dessert. We all chuckled because at this time it was after 2 and we need to do something else for the day other than wait for her to bring our food.

The food is ok, nothing special but the prices are not very high either (I had eggs flourentine, my partner had the spinich salad but added chicken, and the others got a monte cristo and a burger. The setting and ambience is very nice. There was a duo playing jazz the entire two hours we were there and it was very pleasant.

Overall, I don't see any reason to visit again.

• Visited March 2014