“Tasty option for lunch”
Review of Rudi's Portsmouth

Rudi's Portsmouth
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudi's Portsmouth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 205 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Congress Street
Description: Ease your way in to a bright and brassy Sunday afternoon or moody weeknight when Rudi's charismatic atmosphere boasts an eclectic mix of downtown charm and uptown polish. Sample the freshest of local farms and Seaport bounties featuring a wide array of traditional dishes with signature twists.
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I have frequented Rudi's numerous time for business lunches. It is conducive for quiet conversation. The atmosphere is crisp and very attractive. The food has always been very good, but some items not quite large enough to satisfy some of my male clients. Always fresh and creative.

Have not been here for dinner yet. I look forward to it.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I had an early reservation at Rudi's as we had theater tickets afterwards. We arrived to find a nearly-empty dining room and "rockabilly" music playing over the loudspeakers. At the time, we thought, well, they'll surely turn this off once they're really "open." They didn't -- and this music did not "mesh" with what we had hoped would be a romantic evening. The meal started OK -- the chowder was outstanding -- but we were keenly disappointed in our main courses. Both of us found the food bland. My pork shank in particular was fatty and flavorless. The promised "garlic mashed potatoes" had not a hint of garlic in them -- and they were the over-processed texture of baby food. The vegetable was so finely julienned you could not taste it. And...it took forever for the food to come. We had to leave without having dessert so we could make the show. I do not imagine coming back.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

On a whim, we stopped here for lunch on a lovely Saturday in May, and we were very pleased with the meal. I had settled on my meal choice, but my friend couldn't choose between three selections on the menu. She and I finally decided to pick two of her choices and split the meals between us. We ordered the grilled scallops over shitake mushroom couscous salad. The scallops were outstanding, especially dipped in the miso aioli. We also ordered the Thai salmon wrap. I loved the aioli so much that I asked the server to bring us a small dish of it and used it as a condiment on the salmon wrap. We will be dining at Rudi's again on a future outing!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We found the drinks and appetizers to be tasty, but the meals themselves left something to be desired. Avoid the "hash"- it was a plate filled with potatoes with some bacon bit sized pieces of meat sprinkled over them. We also tried the monte cristo which was just fine, and the huevos rancheros which were bland and lacking black beans. The service was good and the brushetta was very good, but not good enough to bring us back to Rudi's for brunch again.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Smart attentive service. Nice selection of local beers. The filet special came out perfect and the potatoes with chorizo was great. We didn't get a chance to try the apps, but they looked great. Wish I was going to be there for their wine vs beer dinner in May.