“Quick, Fresh Food”

DOS Amigos
Ranked #66 of 205 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Been to Dos Amigos several times. The food is always quick and fresh. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The food is just average in my opinion. Nothing has an abundance of flavor. I did have the chili yesterday which was the best thing I've had there. There's also never ice in the ice machine...and the soda is often flat. Dos Amigos is in a great location, open late, and is reasonably priced. They also serve alcohol. My favorite part is the trivia that they have on the tables! Overall, it's not a place that I ever have a craving for but I certainly know many people that do!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had lunch here. It was one of te few restaurants that was open near Strawbery Banke. It was good!! The staff was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I have eaten here twice and both experiences we on the bad side. I can't figure why this place is so popular. I don't mean it was horrible, just so-so (so why bother). This last time, we had the Portobella Mushroom Burrito and the Nacho Special (pork). First of all, both were cold. The black beans were still hard in the burrito. They gave us sour cream even though we asked for yogurt instead. I had forgotten from my last time being here how genuine lacking the food is here. I know there are lots who like the place, but we thought it was very mediocre. (As I am comparing in my mind right now, I would be willing to fly down to the Carolinas to Flamin' Amy's Burrito Barn before I would eat here again - Dos Amigos could get some inspiration from those folks.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Good food, fair priced. If you want a quick bite and you're walking downtown this will be a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Dos is simple, tasty, easy burrito style joint. Kind of hipster, kind of slummy, but thats really what makes a good burrito no? I wouldnt call this authentic Mexican by any stretch but its totally fine and has staying power - been around for some time. Just a good divey kind of place for cheap eats!