“Good burrito, but....”

Cuisines: Mexican
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good burrito, but....”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I really do enjoy the burritos here and have come often even though I truly don't consider it to be authentic Mexican food. I like the burritos and chips served on the side and have given them a very good rating based on what I have purchased. There are also reasons why I don't like coming here as well. Parking at times is a big deal! During busy times, it can be tough to locate a spot along the street and you also pay to park in this city. Then there is the restaurant itself. In my opinion, I considerate it old and kinda dumpy. I dislike the atmosphere here, dislike using their washroom facilities, and I truly question their cleanliness overall and their storage of food. I love a good burrito and they make one. Its the only thing that keeps me coming back.

• Visited November 2013

Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“Quick, Fresh Food”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Been to Dos Amigos several times. The food is always quick and fresh. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The food is just average in my opinion. Nothing has an abundance of flavor. I did have the chili yesterday which was the best thing I've had there. There's also never ice in the ice machine...and the soda is often flat. Dos Amigos is in a great location, open late, and is reasonably priced. They also serve alcohol. My favorite part is the trivia that they have on the tables! Overall, it's not a place that I ever have a craving for but I certainly know many people that do!

• Visited September 2013
Manchester Township, New Jersey
“Mexican Food Ole”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had lunch here. It was one of te few restaurants that was open near Strawbery Banke. It was good!! The staff was friendly and helpful.

Visited August 2013
New Hampshire
“Over-rated and Mediocre”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I have eaten here twice and both experiences we on the bad side. I can't figure why this place is so popular. I don't mean it was horrible, just so-so (so why bother). This last time, we had the Portobella Mushroom Burrito and the Nacho Special (pork). First of all, both were cold. The black beans were still hard in the burrito. They gave us sour cream even though we asked for yogurt instead. I had forgotten from my last time being here how genuine lacking the food is here. I know there are lots who like the place, but we thought it was very mediocre. (As I am comparing in my mind right now, I would be willing to fly down to the Carolinas to Flamin' Amy's Burrito Barn before I would eat here again - Dos Amigos could get some inspiration from those folks.

Visited October 2012
South Berwick, Maine
“Great take out Mexican”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Good food, fair priced. If you want a quick bite and you're walking downtown this will be a pleasant surprise.

• Visited November 2011