“Handy to Strawbery Banke for a quick lunch”
Review of DOS Amigos

DOS Amigos
Ranked #69 of 202 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Newbury, New Hampshire
“Handy to Strawbery Banke for a quick lunch”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were exploring Strawbery Banke (well worth visiting) and decided to duck out for lunch. Just a block or so away (exiting by the General Story street) we found Dos Amigos. Nearly empty at 1 pm on a weekday, so we had fast service for a delicious Mexican salad. But by the time we left there was a line waiting for the two lovely young women who take orders and make up fresh food. A good place to stop for a reasonably priced lunch when you are on State St toward the harbor end, but I wouldn't try to drive there just for lunch. Way too much traffic in summer.

• Visited August 2014

New Delhi, India
“Good Burritos and Nachos”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Been there long back during 2010, found this place really simple and nice.
Staff is quite friendly and cool and I found them really helpful (been a vegetarian always needs some help from staff, selecting one unique dish ;))

I really loved the burrito and often used to go back to grab a burrito.

Nachos are also really nice and quite a plateful.

Go there try it for yourself. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good burrito, but....”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I really do enjoy the burritos here and have come often even though I truly don't consider it to be authentic Mexican food. I like the burritos and chips served on the side and have given them a very good rating based on what I have purchased. There are also reasons why I don't like coming here as well. Parking at times is a big deal! During busy times, it can be tough to locate a spot along the street and you also pay to park in this city. Then there is the restaurant itself. In my opinion, I considerate it old and kinda dumpy. I dislike the atmosphere here, dislike using their washroom facilities, and I truly question their cleanliness overall and their storage of food. I love a good burrito and they make one. Its the only thing that keeps me coming back.

• Visited November 2013
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“Quick, Fresh Food”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Been to Dos Amigos several times. The food is always quick and fresh. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The food is just average in my opinion. Nothing has an abundance of flavor. I did have the chili yesterday which was the best thing I've had there. There's also never ice in the ice machine...and the soda is often flat. Dos Amigos is in a great location, open late, and is reasonably priced. They also serve alcohol. My favorite part is the trivia that they have on the tables! Overall, it's not a place that I ever have a craving for but I certainly know many people that do!

• Visited September 2013
Manchester Township, New Jersey
“Mexican Food Ole”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had lunch here. It was one of te few restaurants that was open near Strawbery Banke. It was good!! The staff was friendly and helpful.

Visited August 2013