“Nice hotel”

Anchorage Inns & Suites
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Nice and comfortable. The staff was very nice and polite . Nice pool. I wish they had a lobby in which to relax. My dog enjoyed his stay. were nice to my dog and the service was good. The room was somewhat small but certainly good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is our first visit to Portsmouth and we chose Anchorage Inns as our base. The hotel is very conveniently located with easy access to downtown, highway. Shopping mall in Portsmouth and shopping outlets in Kittery, not to mention NH liquor store across the hotel.
The room, that we got, was nice with a new bathroom, good shower water pressure, new TV (a waste of technology) and a quiet electric heater. It had a small fridge and a microwave. It's a shame that we were not able to watch TV properly, as the reception was analog with distortions. The carpet definitely needs changing as it had many big stains and it looked very used.
Breakfast was nice; cereals, fruit, hard boiled eggs, waffles,etc. It would be nice to have yogourts, but then the supermarket is not far.
The pool was nice and the whirlpool even better. Very enjoyable after the cold outside.
The guys at the reception were very helpful.
We definitely would repeat our visit, as all in all we were happy with our visit to Portsmouth.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GregTheTraveller51
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have stayed at this Anchorage Inn a number of times, and have always been pleased with our choice -- good value, friendly service and a convenient location -- either for an overnight stop on a longer trip or as a base to explore the Portsmouth area. Best of all they have maintained their high standard year after year. We'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JOS782014
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Anchorage Inns & Suites is one of the best places I have stayed at. They have everything you need and the people there are wonderful. If you are looking for a place to stay in Portsmouth, I definitely recommend Anchorage Inns.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This place is a hidden gem complete with wonderful staff, location, breakfast, cute rooms. They have suites better than any place I have ever seen. I would definitely come back on my next trip to Portsmouth!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank UAnaTS
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My family stayed at the Achorage Inn for 2 nights in December. The front desk staff were very nice. The free continental breakfast was very good. The pool was nice and the waterfall hot tub was a bonus. The hotel overall was very clean. Our room had two queen beds, desk, drawers with TV stand, chair and a free standing closet. The bathroom was very small with a tub and toilet. Sink was outside the bathroom. The room was clean and neat. I would suggest some updating as the wallpaper showed signs of peeling at the seams in several places, especially in the bathroom. For our packed weekend and only sleeping at the hotel, it was a fine place to stay. Access to Portsmouth's downtown is beyond walking distance, but the location at the traffic circle makes it a fantastic launch point. Overall, I would gladly stay again. I did sneak a peak into one of the suites and another guest confirmed that the suites are very nice. I may have to look into that for my next trip to the Portsmouth area.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is my second time staying here and this time was even better than the first. They gave me a good deal on a jacuzi suite for my wedding night and even called the room after we checked in to see if there was anything we needed. Both times we stayed we used the indoor pool and hot tub. The breakfast area looks nicer than last time...they seem to always be upgrading! The room was wonderful, really spacious and clean. I love love love the fireplace! I didn't find out there was a sauna until I checked out otherwise I would have definitely used it. The people staying next door were talking loud at night but they quieted down after the front desk called them. I'm always amazed at how friendly and down to earth the staff is. Can't wait to come back again soon!

Room Tip: I've stayed in the regular rooms and in one of the suites and loved both.