US$250
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
US$177
US$172
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Portsmouth(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$184
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$230/night.

US$274
US$176
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

Quality Inn(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$225
US$196
Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$184
Cancelon
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

All reviewshot tubcontinental breakfastroom was cleanfront desk manageroff the highwaywafflesindoor poolthird floorstayed here for one nightconvenient locationclose to downtowncerealdiner
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I am back to New Hampshire by popular demand in beaches. I have traveled to very few hotels in the seacoast area, and because Anchorage Inn Suites is off the coast a few miles I knew i would be taking a risk with location.

However when I arrived, I was immediately greeted with a warm welcome from one of the gentlemen working at the front desk. After my room keys were passed to me, he mentioned the hotel ammentities (free bfast, gym, updated pool/jacuzzi room) and immedietly after asked if I was familiar with the area. This was great. Just a 25 second conversation about this lead me to believe I was a local. With downtown being only 2 minute drive from the hotel, I had plenty of spots to drink an ice cold beer, with a great entree at portsmouths newer restaurants called RiRas.

My hotel room was a standard 2 double bed room which was up to date, but after getting a view of the "haven" suite, i think its called. I am more ambitious to return to this hotel to only stay in this exquisite room.

Thank you to the front desk staff for such a great impression of your hotel. I am hoping to come in contact with Frank as I was told by the front desk how helpful this general manager can be for upgrading rooms if the upgrade is possible due to availability.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Once again, I was well pleased with my recent visit to Portsmouth's Anchorage Inns and Suites. The newly refurbished rooms were tasteful and as has been my experience in the past--immaculate! Room rates were reasonable and the staff was, as usual, friendly and attentive. I am accustomed to Anchorage's high quality standards, but my guest from California was amazed at this Inn's reasonable rates, its courteous staff, and more especially, its exceptional cleaniness. Will I stay at this facility again--absolutely and soon!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We had a great time. The manager Frank was very helpful. He was able to direct us to interesting local sites. We felt as though they knew us and we were family. This is definitely a hidden gem. I do plan on coming back again and recommending this place to everyone. Thank you all for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2010

From the moment we checked in to when we checked out, we felt very welcome. This is one of the cleanest, friendliest hotels we ever stayed at! Very important to us as guests.
The location is also perfect, right off the highway and very close to Portsmouth center which is a wonderful town to spend time in. Also close to several beaches.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2010

My husband & I travel to Portsmouth several times a year as he grew up there. This trip we found our usual hotels booked and decided to try the Anchorage. Cramped rooms. Overwhelming smell of chlorine from the pool. Poor customer service.

The worst - having the person above us almost incessantly walk the floor all night. Called the desk and asked to have our room changed. This request was ignored, instead we were told "they would take care of it." Needless to say, it stopped briefly and started again. Obv. the person had issues. When complaining to the front desk at check out, although there were apologies, never once an offer to have us contact management, or have management contact us, or a discount offered. Finally, received a partial discount by contacting the manager myself after calling and asking for his info.

Totally NOT impressed with customer service.

Will not be back. With so many GREAT places to stay in Portsmouth, I'd avoid this one.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business