“Home away from home”

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Atlanta, Georgia
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 29 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Anchorage Inns & Suites in Portsmouth, New Hampshire last week for 3 nights. We were traveling in the area and a friend told us about Anchorage and how pleased they were with their stay. Because "word-of-mouth" is normally a sure sign of what to expect, we made the choice to book a room. Because we were going to be in town for a number of days, we wrestled with a choice of a room or suite. The Haven suite was open and we decided to go with it as the price was reasonable. We were told that the suite had just been renovated and were very pleased when we first set eyes on it. Very nice! From the flat screen tvs in both rooms to the comfy couch in the sitting room-everything was wonderful!
The staff was very friendly and accomodating and the cafe for breakfast was fine. The belgian waffles were yummy!
Overall, we were extremely pleased with our stay and would definitely recommend the Anchorage Inns & Suites in Portsmouth, NH to anyone!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Groton, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 August 2010

My husband and I were looking to get away from our normal routine and decided to go up north to portsmouth nh.. I have to say that the two days we spent @ the hotel were extremely wonderful. From the min we walked in you can"t help but notice how clean everything was. And I really enjoyed talking with Millie in cafe,what a delightful young lady. When I asked millie how she was doing, she so kindly replies.. I"m blessed and you. What wise words.Those words gave my husband and I alot to think about. That yes we are blessed in more ways then one. Again what a wonderful stay.

Windsor, Maine
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We were celebrating our anniversary and came across this great hotel. We tried to stay at the Holiday Inn, but they were sold out at $199. This was less expensive and we had a terrific stay! The staff were efficient, friendly and knowledgeable about the area. They gave great dinner recommendations and information about what to do and see in the area. Rooms were clean, comfortable and recently renovated. Pool and Hot Tub are open late (11pm - a real bonus!). We stayed an extra night we liked it so much and we will definitely stay again!

Auburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We stayed at the Anchorage and it was terrific. The staff was extremely helpful and very accomodating. They were so nice and pleasant. The room was impeccable. It was extremely clean. The bathroom mirror had no streaks and the faucets looked like they had been polished. The room even smelled fresh. It was very quiet at night. The continental breakfast in the morning was great. There was fresh fruit which looked like it was hand picked. There were no bruises or marks on any of the fruit. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2010
Ashburnham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We stayed at the hotel for 4 days- We received a great price on our room- the room was very clean-great location-so we could get to the wedding we were attending-we traveled up the coast and back one day- they customer service people were very helpful-John Maki is a very helpful customer service-made our stay a great time- The rooms are very quiet-I sleeped like a log-which is not what I usually do. The manager of the hotel is doing a great job. It runs very smoothly. Would go back anytime. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We found our stay at the Anchorage Inn & Suites excellent. The suite was very nice and the staff was very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. We found the staff very helpful and friendly in providing great ideas where to eat and visiting while staying in Portsmouth. We will be returning again next year for our 38th wedding anniversary.

North Conway, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I stayed in Anchorage Inn on august 17th 2010. The place exceeded my expectations.
The room and lobby were very clean and neat. Loved their Hot tub! The staff was extremely polite and helpful. Thank you to Tom and Andrea who were nice and knowledgeable. Location is great - close to route 16 and I95 easy to get to shopping and downtown Portsmouth.
I will definitely recommend this hotel to others.