“Stolen Property”

Holiday Inn Portsmouth
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The staff was absolutely amazing! Our room was nice and clean. The problem I have is when we left our room so it could be cleaned! Housekeeping knocked on our door to clean out room, I didn't want to hold them up so I grabbed my purse and exited the room. Upon returning I noticed that my watch and diamond earrings were missing! I have laid them in the same place since I started staying here on the eighth. I then went to the front desk to ask the housekeeper if maybe she put them up for me. That wasn't the case. Another one of the housekeepers that was in the room said she saw them in the place I put them. I then asked to talk to a supervisor, he told me that he feels this is not a case of theft, but merely items that have been misplaced. I then had to call the police to make a report. I should not have had to do this. I should not have to pack up all my valuable items when they come into the room!!!! I would rather pay extra to keep my items!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BH85
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear BH85,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. Your comments are very troubling and this will certainly be looked into. We would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Portsmouth

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We have stayed at numerous other hotels in Portsmouth. Tried this property based on excellent price. Newly renovated, friendly staff provide a warm welcome at check in. Rooms clean & comfortable. Excellent location. Good stay with no complaints at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed a night when travelling through. The location is great, close to downtown and close to I-95. The Roundabout Diner is next door, very convenient. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Wanted to stay in the center of town but was unable to. Was pleasantly surprised that it was a very short ride into town and we by-passed the Exit 7 traffic. The hotel is is very clean and looks recently renovated. The lounge and dining area are very modern looking. The menu prices seem responsible and there is a breakfast buffet for $11.95 or $12.95 - not sure if that includes beverage or not.

We stayed on the 5th floor and had a King-Sized bed. The room seemed a little small, but for one or two nights it is fine. The bed was very comfortable and the furnishings were fairly new looking.

My only complaint is the air conditioning. It has been in the 90's for the past few days and when we entered the room it was warm and the A/C was running. The thermostat was set to 50 and the temperature was in the low 70's. I thought the A/C was recently turned on. Too make a long story short, the temperature range of the thermostat read 72 (A/C off) to 74 (A/C on). I was thinking that the hotel was trying to save $$ by regulating their thermostats. Since we were there just the one night, I did not call the front desk.The A/C i s the reason I am giving the hotel an average rating and the room a poor rating.

Room Tip: 5th floor may have an issue with A/C keeping the rooms comfortable in the summer time.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear vacationshark ,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciated the condition and the cleanliness of our property. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with your room accommodation and the air conditioner. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Clean rooms, great staff, great location for exploring the NE coast of that area, or the inland towns. Although the hotel is located next to I-95, our room was on the other side of the building, and so we had not trouble with noise and such.

Room Tip: Take a room on the side opposite of the freeway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KenandSharon
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed here for a weekend away while visiting Portsmouth and York, ME. The location is great, only about a 5 minute ride to downtown, and only about 15 minutes across to York. Right next door is a The Roundabout Diner, which was excellent for breakfast and very convenient. The free coffee down in the lobby in the morning was nice, and the hotel is nicely updated overall. But the only downside to this hotel is that our room had a weird odor to it. We had to open the window to try and air it out.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChariseCoelho
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear ChariseCoelho,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for pointing out how convenient our location is to local attractions and I am happy that you found our hotel to be nicely updated.

I am sorry to hear your issue with your room, nevertheless, I am still pleased that you were satisfied with your stay with us. We would like to express our sincerest gratitude for your comments which allow us to confirm that our efforts for the well-being of our guests have been met

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Dhan M

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Hotel is acceptable … nothing spectacular, but certainly acceptable. Restaurant isn’t much, but there are plenty of good places nearby to eat. If you are looking for seafood Warren’s is the place. Lounge is large and probably the best feature the hotel has. Do not …. Let me repeat that … DO NOT take a room on the 6th floor. The elevator only goes to the 5th floor! I know it sounds odd (and it is odd … very odd) but it’s true.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OldBull2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Robert A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am glad that you liked our lounge.

However, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience our elevator has caused you. Nevertheless, I am pleased that you had a satisfying stay with us and our service and amenities somewhat met your expectations.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you again.

Dhan M