“A very nice stay !!”

Courtyard Portsmouth
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 30 July 2013

After reading others input I will say I was nervous!

When we arrived the hotel was clean . VERY NICE Staff and very helpful !! It not the Ritz but for the $ well worth it !!! close to down town (5 min drive) to old Portsmouth Easy to park (they gave us a map at the front desk and told us the cheep parking spots ) Great eats in old downtown !!
Go to ( Jumpin' Jay's ) voted Best Seafood Restaurant in New England Very Good !!!
Pool area was ok and the gym was nice , Overall I will stay here again close to Maine (15 min drive to Kittery) We travel a LOT !! and the other bad reviews I will say It not as bad as they make it out to be !!

Room Tip: We stayed on the (non highway side ) room had a little poach NICE !!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
PortsmouthCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time spent on our property. Portsmouth is a great town, and we do have a wonderful location within 5 minutes of the downtown area. Jumpin' Jays is a favorite dining selection, and in addition Portsmouth offers over sixty additional restaurant options.

We hope to have to opportunity to serve you again during your next visit to the area.

Best Regards,

Tyler White

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I was disappointed with the Portsmouth Courtyard Hotel, it was not up to the usual consistency of the brand. Primary issue was the room, it was musty and felt as if it was in need of a make over. the bathroom was fine, but the main room was pealing paper, water stains and just felt in need of a total make over. On the positive side the bar/breakfast area was neat and clean and the staff friendly, I will note that I purchased 2 coffees and my co-worker did the same, never once did we pay the same price. the front test staff was energetic and helpful which helped. Location is good, just a short ride into town and close to the highway making it very good location for a business trip to the area. It will not be my first choice on my next trip to the area..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RDCononver

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent travels to the area. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve our operations. We have recently renovated the restaurant and lobby areas, and look to continually make improvements to the building. Our indoor pool surface was also recently renovated with a river rock plaster, which has improved both the look and feel of the area.

I apologize that there were some issues regarding the condition of the room, and assure you that our maintenance staff will address the concerns you have brought to our attention. I am glad that you enjoyed the service level of the staff, as we do strive to ensure that every guest has a comfortable and pleasant stay with us.

If you find yourself in the area, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I may assist with any reservation needs you may have.

Tyler White
(603) 436-2121

Reviewed 22 July 2013

It's in an area away from everything, but there are always taxis at the hotel entrance to take you into town. The staff were all very pleasant. We stayed on the second floor (room 213) and when we got off the elevator it smelled like we were in a trash dumpster. I had to hold my breath every time I got on or off the elevator. The rooms need updating. The dark maroon and green colors make the rooms seem dingy. The carpets were worn. Bathroom and beds were clean. For the price we paid I thought it would have been nicer especially since it was a Courtyard. The hotel was not so much what I would have expected it to be especially for the price I paid.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2013

It's in a great location, beds are clean, bathroom is decent, it's actually quite comfortable for one night. The lobby looks nice and the TV provides many channels. It's in a secluded area from the highway, so it's nice and quiet. Safe and convenient area near the Strawbery Banke Museum and some shopping areas.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We usually stay at the Residence Inn in downtown Portsmouth, but ended up at the Courtyard Marriott as the Residence Inn didn't have rooms available. Our room was clean & plenty of space for the 3 of us. We enjoyed the pool & hot tub. We had two issues with our stay: the AC made loud noises throughout the night whenever it would turn on disrupting our sleep and towels had a musty odor. The Residence Inn is much nicer, better location and employees were much better with customer service & hospitality.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pmatty13
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This Courtyard was clean and the staff was neither good or bad.
As a Marriott Gold was not impressed this hotel has the appearance of 1988 and could really use a modern update.
The staff was not bad but I did not have any interaction with them.
If you are just looking for a clean place to lay your head for a night this Courtyard will serve the need, just don't expect anything great!
The best thing about this hotel is that it only takes 5 minutes to get to downtown Portsmouth.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

....then stay here!

The hallways & room smelled like feet. There was a dark colored stain on the blanket also.

The location was good. The price was a little high for this hotel but it was the holiday weekend so that was to be expected.

On a better note, Portsmouth was a great place to visit. Lots to do & see!

• Stayed: May 2013