“Daughters Wedding”
Review of Woodbound Inn

Woodbound Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rindge
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Just returned from my daughters wedding. We had a fantastic time. All the staff we wonderful and helpful! While it is true that somecif the rooms are in needing to be updated...the new owner is in the process of doing just that. All in all we enjoyed the food...staff and company of those individuals that we met. That you all for making our trip a memorial one. My sons and I will miss you all:) Leonore Ballesteros-Grover Beach-CA

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This Inn is trying to drum up business for a Wednesday night by having a "themed" buffet. We tried Italian night and it was dreadful. There was no variety and what was there was dry, over cooked pasta and soggy chicken. The meals that we saw on the table across from us were off the menu and looked delicious. We regretted not taking advantage of that.

The kid who served us was very pleasant and obviously new to the position. Overall the ambiance was extremely disorganized.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Suzanne D
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our room was depressing. One of the windows was missing blinds, the bed covers were stained, and the carpet was worn. Only redeeming quality of our stay here was the decent breakfast included with our room rate. Unfortunately this did not make up for the dire room condition. Would definitely not stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I am a business traveler, and I'm picky. I usually stay with Hilton or Marriot so I was reluctant about staying at a local "Inn" for my business trip. I was pleasantly surprised, and will definately stay here again. The Inn is beautiful, with the all the charm of New England architecture. There are many areas to lounge (I am thinking of future family reunions) - the cozy bar, on the couches near the fireplace, in the dining room, on the large front porch in one of the shaker style rocking chairs, or in the beautifully appointed guest room. The owners and staff truly make you feel welcomed. I'm saving the best for last - the FOOD is amazing! From the daily appetizer specials in the bar to the dining room buffet or full menu, your palette will be pleased. Did I mention that breakfast is included? Not continental folks, the real deal! Bacon & Eggs (or sausage if that's your thing). Don't miss this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Marti D
Reviewed 9 April 2014

There are much more upscale places to stay but the Woodbound Inn has a real comfortable feel to it. It's very clean, the staff is friendly and the pub is a good place to hang out with a sandwich and a beer. We'll select the Woodbound any time we're staying in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main inn have a little more character than the rooms in the extension.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roamers99
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business and was really impressed! I travel very often and am usually a chain hotel kind of girl, but was this was one of my few options near Jaffrey where I am working. The owner checked me in, carried my bags to my room, and gave me two complementary bottles of water. The room itself is very cute and homey, but very clean as well. My queen room in the main inn was plenty big enough for me and would work for two people as well. Walls are a bit thin, but that's to be expected. Breakfast is included, and limited to eggs toast and meat but that was plenty for me. Dinner was great every night! Both the pub menu and the full dining menu were delicious. The staff was amazing. They were so friendly and remembered my breakfast and drink orders every day! Really charming place and I was grateful to stay here!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Lauren B
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The good: The inn is what you expect for a New England inn. It is decorated well and has fresh paint everywhere. Our room was of average size and comfortable. It is set in a large amount of woods with lots of trails to walk or snowshoe right from the inn itself. It is a bit noisy at night.
The bad: We arrived late in the afternoon and wanted to just stay in so decided to eat in the tavern. We were told it would be a 10-15 minute wait (we could see 2 empty tables). We were seated, gave our drink orders and waited and waited. Finally someone came to take our meal order and we waited and waited. The food was tasteless (burger) and the fish and chips had uncooked batter on the fish itself. Very unappetizing. The service was slow and we felt like we were a bother to the servers. Didn't eat there for the remainder of our trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beebutter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rindge
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Courtyard Keene Downtown
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Peterborough

Been to Woodbound Inn? Share your experiences!