“Scallops not sea scallops”
Review of Jimmy Jones Locker

Jimmy Jones Locker
Ranked #9 of 100 Restaurants in Rochester
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I usually order the sea scallops but was given the smaller ones instead. I paid full price for the larger ones but didn't realize they had pawned off the smaller ones until I returned home with my order. Too bad. I usually am quite satisfied and this might have been an oversight but unfortunately it has soured me on the place.

1  Thank Cheryl N

Reviewed 23 February 2014

In Rochester at mealtime, I was near Jimmy Jones Locker. I'd driven past the place hundreds of times and decided that its time had come on Friday.

The building not much to look at. It was like an inland seafood shack. The inside had a nautical theme. The wallpaper pattern had large sailing ships. There were marine items here and there. It's not big on atmosphere.

Orders are placed at the counter. The menu is posted on wall with specials posted at the counter.

It's self-serve on water at cooler in the corner.

The counter gal delivers the order when it's ready.

I ordered the Scallop Boat which was fried scallops with choice of French fries or onion rings. I took onion rings. The Market Price that day was $15.95.

My order came in under 10-minute wait.

The boat had 15 sea scallops and about a dozen thin-cut onion rings. Everything was cooked properly and done to a light golden color. The food was hot. The sea scallops were moist and tender. Since the onion rings were not overcooked, they maintained some texture, and their flavor came through. The onions used here are slightly sweet.

And, SINCE THE FOOD WAS COOKED TO A GOLDEN COLOR WITH NO OVERDOING, THE OIL DID NOT HAVE A CHANCE TO SATURATE THE FOOD, SO IT WAS NOT GREASY AT ALL.

The portion of scallops was generous enough so that I ate about half and packed the other half to go.

Everything was VERY GOOD.

I told the cook so. She said, "You overcook seafood, you wreck it." That is very true.

I will eat here again in the future.

3  Thank Maurene_K
Reviewed 15 December 2013

While visiting friends in Rochester, NH over Thanksgiving holiday they took us to this restaurant as we are from North Carolina and find it hard to find (fresh Haddock, my favorite) in our area!! Our friends recommended this place and visit frequently themselves -either for eat-in or take out. We found it to be a small ( on a corner) building which basically does a large take out business. Inside had about (6-8 tables) where we ate our delicious meal!! I had the (large order) of Fried Haddock plus (2) sides @ $15.95 for (2) lg pieces of fish which was fresh and fried in very clean oil. Which surprised me as we went on a Saturday when business was at high volume. True that while we were eating our meal, the take out order traffic was high but in no way interfered with our table conversation with our friends. If looking for atmosphere - this is not the place, but if you are looking for very good food and service at reasonable prices, you need to try Jimmy Jones locker......looking forward to our next visit to Rochester,NH area and of course dinner at Jimmy Jones !!

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Do not order the fried clam dinner.I paid over 25 dollars for the large clam dinner and a small coke. When I got home I found them to be strips instead of the bellies that I had asked for. Will never go again. Last time I went there, there was sand in the clams. Go to Windjammers if you want decent clams or seafood.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Not the best place for seafood in the area. The name sounds like it would Knock it out of the Park. Small dining area, alot of people in and out for takeout.