“Staff seems friendly, but...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Anchorage Inn - Rochester

The Anchorage Inn - Rochester
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Rochester
Jacksonville, NC
“Staff seems friendly, but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

The staff seems friendly but the room we're staying in is less than impressive. We pulled up to our room and the door was open; I joked it must be because the room smells and it's airing out. We walked in and it wasn't a joke anymore, the room does have a funny smell. It has a fridge but it doesn't seem to be running and it too has a funny smell, so I'm not touching it or the microwave. The bathroom is small and the towels look worn and old; one looks Ike it had dried blood on it and another looked like urine stains. The water pressure is strong and water seems to get hot enough quickly but the tub looks dirty. Beds are comfortable enough for the couple of nights we're probably staying but overall I'm not too impressed. It doesn't take too much to please me but here I feel dirty just sitting down somewhere.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mehul P, Front Office Manager at The Anchorage Inn - Rochester, responded to this review, 25 October 2014
Dear Guest,
We are sorry for the inconvenience during your stay, We have replaced old staff and manager to our property and also we have done deep interior as well as exterior maintenance at our hotel which makes your stay more comfortable. Looking forward to see you again, A new staff will surely make your stay comfortable. Please stay with us in the future and feel the difference.

Thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Consider this inn if value and location are your priorities. I was visiting the area for a family wedding, but was not going to have my own car. I wanted to be able to walk to downtown Rochester and my sister's house, but I also want a comfortable bed in a clean room. I feel like I got it all at a reasonable rate compared to other family members who were paying over $100. I got a microwave, refrigerator too...more than they got. I could've gotten an even better rate if I had called the Inn directly. 603-332-3350 Don't recommend leaving a message because Tracey and her partner are VERY busy maintaining and improving this property...but they WILL keep you happy once you're here. Does this property need improvements...yes...and they are making that happen. Once the carpets are replaced, the old/closed-up smell will be gone (ceilings have already been replaced), but if you are super sensitive to smells, you're not going to be happy. I didn't have trouble breathing, so I know it's NOT from mold or mildew. The bed was incredibly comfortable with my favorite downlike pillows and the shower did not leave me disappointed (wonderful water pressure). This place was clean and the grounds were beautiful. There is a convenience store beside an Aroma Joe's Coffee cafe at the bottom of the hill from this property. One concern I had before I stayed here was the highway that runs by a seemingly short distance away. Not to worry, it's true distance and the great insulation only let a very, distant rumble through the walls. Another benefit was not having so many neighbors. I stayed Thursday through Sunday and hardly heard a peep from other guests...even at night! Can't say that at other hotels! All that being said, can I truly say this is a four star? Maybe not, but it's not average either due to the great value. Breakfast was typical carbo-feast that you get at most hotels (oatmeal, cereal, cook your own waffles and assorted danishes), but I was pleasantly surprised to get my favorite green tea with lemon. I can't comment on tv or wifi capabilities since I didn't use them, but I did see a computer in the lobby (which is a nice gathering place for small groups) that seemed to be for guests to use.

Room Tip: Call directly 603-332-3350. All rooms have a front and back door with windows on each side. My room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JackieG723
Mehul P, Manager at The Anchorage Inn - Rochester, responded to this review, 29 April 2015
Thank you for the feedback, we hope to see you again.....
Milton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is wonderful. Tracy and Jay or so wonderful. The rooms was very clean. Tracy and Jay will do almost anything to help you out if you need it. Tracy does an amazing job at runing the front desk and doing the housekeeping. Jay does an amazing job and keeping the grounds clean. The breakfast in the morning is wonderful waffles, fruit, cereal, muffins,. I would tell everyone I know to stay here. Thanks again to Jay And Tracy For a wonderful and friendly and clean place to stay

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa P
Thank you so much for your response and experience with us. We hope to see you again....
Rochester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This place is awesome we stayed the same time Jane s did. They were awesome people clean rooms great breakfast. Plus they had a business card of a service that is a local delivery serivce that delivers everything and anything. It was amazing we didn't have to leave the room. The pool is going to be open in May, management said.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your time for reviewed us. We hope to see you again and have new experience with new management team.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This place is a dump. Plain and Simple. It's not taken care of. The rooms and grounds are unkempt. The pool is gross. Outside furniture is old, broken and unsafe. Management staff is drunk by 5pm and still on the job. Breakfast is hardly ever out in time (posted breakfast hours are 7am-9am).
Complete waste of good money. The owners here need to do something.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jane S
We apologies for your worse experience but we are please to have you as our guest as we have a new management team on site, we are always working hard to make every guest happy return home. It's like second home environment. We hope to see you again and feel the difference......

Travellers are raving about these Rochester hotels

Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We just came back from staying at the anchorage hotel in new Hampshire and it was awesome!!!!! we travel quite abit and found this place to be very nice. when we walked in the the office we were greeded by tracy, she new when we walked in what are names were very personable loved it!!!! Also she greeded us with a huge smile that is big in our book. we felt like family!!!!! the room was very nice,clean,and stocked well with everything, we did not need a thing. We also liked when we got up in the morning they had a nice continental breakfast including waffles and tracys homemade cinnamon rolls. YUMMY!!!! Tracy and Jay run a very tight ship over there keeping all there customers happy. there is so much to do in this area. they have a pool that looks very inviting we wished it was summer so we could of used it, and also the grounds were emaculate, what a beautiful setting. It was also right off the highway which was very nice!!! I want to thank Tracy and Jay for a very memorable 3 day vacation you guys went above and beyond what managers do for people!!!!!!!!!! Cannot wait to come back and also thank you for treating Kathy and I like part of your family!!!! thank you Kenny and Kathy Kadra

Room Tip: Any room is a great room!!!!! just walk in and enjoy,even the lobby is awesome,sit back on there fur...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lexin,ton, Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

It's a good value for money. They have nice ground right outside your room, where you can soak up some sun and barbecue. Nestled away from the hustle of the city, it offers a tranquil environment. Tip: Monday night rates are better than the weekend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
#1 of 5 in Dover

Been to The Anchorage Inn - Rochester? Share your experiences!