“Awesome hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rochester
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Awesome hotel!”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Hotel was nicely decorated, very clean, and had really excellent staff. The only thing that damped my enthusiasm was my smartphone's refusal to connect to the wife, but the hotel and wife provider both made real effort to help. Good breakfast too!

• Stayed October 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 September 2011

big clean rooms, modern amenities. Flat screen tv. walk in showers no tubs. super nice staff.
the fitness center is just cardio equipment. the pool is indoor small but nice.
Decent breakfast in morning for a hotel. eggs, sausage muffins, pancakes, cereal etc etc.
coffee maker in room and downstairs in the am.
there is a restaurant next door.
quiet at night we were on the road side of the building and only heard big trucks passing during the morning hours.
If you need to stay in Rochester this is the nicest thing going. Next best or better would be in Dover.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Rochester was an overall pleasant one, except for a few negatives. The hotel is quite new and decorated nicely and every member of the staff that we encountered were welcoming and courteous. The pool temperature was perfect and the equipment in the excercise room was adequit as well. The breakfast was standard Holiday Inn Express: adequit, but not fabulous.

The major downsides to this hotel were internet and the matresses. The internet speed was alright once you were connected, but the login website loaded horribly slowly. It took about five minutes for the screen to load. I like to use my phone for wifi, but every time the phone was shut off, I had to reload the login again. The time it took was ridiculus considering it actually wasn't a login at all, just an excepting of the terms and conditions! The mattresses at the hotel are also extremely firm. I'm sure some people like this, but we did not. The last issue we had was that the drain in the shower was clogged. I turned on the shower in the morning and the tub filled up about an inch in a minute. I don't think it was probablly an issue in all the rooms, but they should definitely encourage their cleaning staff to check the drains once in awhile.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay although not outstanding. I would definitely stay there again though!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 4444Slm4444
skmcquate, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Thank you for your feedback! I'm thrilled to hear that you were satisfied with the majority of your stay. I would like to thank you for bringing the wi-fi issue to our attention. We recently worked with our privider and am happy to say that it is no longer an issue. Also, I have spoken to my Executive Housekeeper about the drain problem and she will be working with her staff to see that we take care of it. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our property and I hope to see you again!
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My wife & I stayed 3 nights (Rm 221); this pleasure trip was our first to NH. Our check-in with GM Sandi was 'seamless'; our room was spotless-a King, non-smoking. This H.I. is ~ 3.5 hrs old & still looks brand new! Sandi & her front staff were very helpful with shopping, dining and general info about the Portsmouth, Kittery, Me areas. The full breakfasts were terrific; the gal in the breakfast room kept everything full despite a "full house". I would not hesitate to recommend this property to anyone planning a trip to this area of NH & Me. Tip for dining-Johnson's Steak & Seafood-~8 mi N, Granite Steakhouse-~1 mi S, 'The Diner' next door for breakfast.

Room Tip: Call the hotel for room info (if in doubt), the staff are 'truthful' and provide accurate de...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank you for a wonderful review! Our goal here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites is to make sure you receive the best in customer service and that your stay is above the expectation. From what I gather, we have succeeded in making your stay as such! We do hope you remember us for future stays to the Granite State!

Inn Hospitality,
S. McQuate
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This hotel was clean and pristine. It was right on the road and had access to everything I needed, espcially the Dunkin Donuts in the same parking lot. My room initially smelled like someone had been smoking in it, but once I turned the AC on the smell went away. The only complaint is that the walls were a little thin and you could hear people in the hallway a little too much for my likeling. Staff was very, very, very nice. Pool was small, but really nice. Breakfast was pretty good, too. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank dcb2218
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize for the noise issues and would welcome anyone with a concern to please bring it to our attention so that we may resolve any concerns you may have. I'm thrilled to know that you received the best in customer service and that you found us to be the perfect location for your visit!

Inn Hospitality,
S. McQuate
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 28 December 2010

This hotel is a well kept secret, a true hidden gem. Located about 1.5 miles off Rt 16 on Rt 11 W, it is easy to get to just about anywhere, and the staff are more than helpful in providing directions. I have never stayed in a hotel where I was treated like a much loved family member gone missing for years, but that was the atmosphere here. Sandi, Dee, Jodi, Leslie, and every other member of the team are gracious, accomodating, and went beyond the call to make our stay joyful and easy. Spending Christmas in a hotel was a first for our family, and the staff here made it very comfortable, even providing occasional treats for my boys. Breakfast offered a wide variety of hot and cold items, and hot coffee (and water for tea or hot cocoa) were always available in the breakfast room. Crackling fire in the fireplace, constant smiles, and warm greetings each time we went out and returned. Sleeping accomodations were great, and the suite with the mini fridge and small microwave let us eat in when we wanted. Thank you, to each and every one of the amazing staff for making this a memorable Christmas!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Macclenny, Florida
Reviewed 20 October 2010

Very professional and helpful staff. Clean and secure rooms. Great FREE breakfast. We were somewhat discouraged by the other places we had stayed during our vacation. Staying here was like finding a jewel in the midst of rocks!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Anchorage Inn - Rochester
Hampton Inn Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
#1 of 6 in Dover
Comfort Inn & Suites Dover

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester? Share your experiences!