Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Stayed a few nights and found the rooms to be attractive and very clean. Good breakfast buffet. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. I was very comfortable and enjoyed the stay.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Stayed just one night having business in Maine. This was the closest hotel to my meeting and Im glad I found it.
I was clean and the beds were very very comfortable. Nice bathroom (tub was a slow drain, but I reported that to the front desk before I left.)
Free Wi-Fi
Great hot breakfast buffet.
Old fashioned diner right next door for a quick dinner (they serve wine and beer - no lounge in hotel)

15-20 minutes to the Maine border.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2011

we had our chance to stay there in 2009 for 10 days. We had this hotel as our base for trips and days out. Clean, spacey. Staff very friendly and nice, makes you welcome! Good hearty breakfast if you are not fussy- you will be fine, There was a nice lady in the kitchen who always was making my porridge perfect! Fresh fruit availiable- but you must act fast if you want one as fruit seems to be going fast.
Hope to be back there again in near future.
Stuff held for my son couple of presents parcels which were sent from other state for his b-day.
Do I mention those heavenly cookies?

Room Tip: Just be nice to staff and they will be nice to you!
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2011

The check-in staff were super friendly and fast. The whole process took no more than maybe one minute. The room was immaculate and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was the most inclusive I have ever had at a hotel. The eating area was very clean and the attendant seemed to take her duty to heart. All staff went out of their way to smile and be friendly. Will definitely come back here.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Hotel was nicely decorated, very clean, and had really excellent staff. The only thing that damped my enthusiasm was my smartphone's refusal to connect to the wife, but the hotel and wife provider both made real effort to help. Good breakfast too!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 13 September 2011

big clean rooms, modern amenities. Flat screen tv. walk in showers no tubs. super nice staff.
the fitness center is just cardio equipment. the pool is indoor small but nice.
Decent breakfast in morning for a hotel. eggs, sausage muffins, pancakes, cereal etc etc.
coffee maker in room and downstairs in the am.
there is a restaurant next door.
quiet at night we were on the road side of the building and only heard big trucks passing during the morning hours.
If you need to stay in Rochester this is the nicest thing going. Next best or better would be in Dover.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Rochester was an overall pleasant one, except for a few negatives. The hotel is quite new and decorated nicely and every member of the staff that we encountered were welcoming and courteous. The pool temperature was perfect and the equipment in the excercise room was adequit as well. The breakfast was standard Holiday Inn Express: adequit, but not fabulous.

The major downsides to this hotel were internet and the matresses. The internet speed was alright once you were connected, but the login website loaded horribly slowly. It took about five minutes for the screen to load. I like to use my phone for wifi, but every time the phone was shut off, I had to reload the login again. The time it took was ridiculus considering it actually wasn't a login at all, just an excepting of the terms and conditions! The mattresses at the hotel are also extremely firm. I'm sure some people like this, but we did not. The last issue we had was that the drain in the shower was clogged. I turned on the shower in the morning and the tub filled up about an inch in a minute. I don't think it was probablly an issue in all the rooms, but they should definitely encourage their cleaning staff to check the drains once in awhile.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay although not outstanding. I would definitely stay there again though!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 4444Slm4444
skmcquate, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Thank you for your feedback! I'm thrilled to hear that you were satisfied with the majority of your stay. I would like to thank you for bringing the wi-fi issue to our attention. We recently worked with our privider and am happy to say that it is no longer an issue. Also, I have spoken to my Executive Housekeeper about the drain problem and she will be working with her staff to see that we take care of it. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our property and I hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Anchorage Inn - Rochester
The Garrison Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
The Wolfeboro Inn
The Wolfeboro Inn
#3 of 6 in Wolfeboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester? Share your experiences!