“My favorite diner in VT and NH”
Review of Plain Jane's Diner

Plain Jane's Diner
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Rumney
Cuisines: American
Description: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&rlz=1T4HPAB_enAU373AU373&q=campton%20nh&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl#
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Classic 1950's diner complete with a 1950's fridge and posters of Marilyn Monroe in the entry way. Food is better than average diner fare, they serve great milkshakes and alcohol. Great friendly service. Fantastic ambience. A food oasis in the White Mountains.

1  Thank flightsofancy
There are newer reviews for Plain Jane's Diner

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

After venturing through Polar Caves we were starving. They sent us here
Decently priced which is important on vacation. Delicious chips. I don't like chips. These were OMG amazing for me. He liked the fries! Milkshake was good too. Yummy. The booth, though, was less desirable. I could feel the springs. Ouch. Nice staff and clean bathrooms. If I was in the area I would stop again.

1  Thank Mineral2004
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We ate here because it looked unique when we drove by. I had a burger with homemade chips and a Coke. This burger is hand made (not a frozen patty) and cooked to order (so I could have it medium rare). My meal was under $8 w/the soda (which had free refills). My husband ordered one of their daily special: meatball, chicken Parmesan. I think for the price the his serving was very small. He was not impressed with the chicken at all.
The place is unique in that it is a diner car type place; the wait staff was friendly; not sure we would eat here again unless we both had burgers.

1  Thank adkhmschm0m
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Imagine a movie diner - this was just like it with chrome interior & the food was good - great baked beans

1  Thank stephanie s
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I wanted to go to this restaurant for quite a while and finally found myself in a position to stop. A Saturday for lunch and ordered a Fried Scallop Plate with mashed potato and Coleslaw. I was seated at the counter facing the pie case and managed to resist the temptation. The scallops were done to a turn and the mashed were red potatoes with the jackets. The coleslaw was good but a bit dry and needed a bit more mayonnaise to suit my taste. We had a good discussion about the history of the dinner car and the waitress was extremely helpful. I paid the check and hit the road being well fed and happy! A worthy dinner experience!

4  Thank JonNormandin