“Diner Fun”
Review of Plain Jane's Diner

Plain Jane's Diner
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Rumney
Cuisines: American
Description: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&rlz=1T4HPAB_enAU373AU373&q=campton%20nh&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl#
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Although diners are far and few in-between, this is a great local diner. They offer your typical diner foods, but some are much better then other diners. During the summer they also offer a great car showing of all the local and distant old time cars, which is a site to see, as well as picking up a little bit of food and ice cream. Worth checking out.

3  Thank StevaTheDiva

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The food is good, but it's not outstanding. The nice thing is everything seems to be made from scratch. Most of the desserts I've had are delicious, but my mom got one once that was totally burned and shouldn't have been served. The portions are generous. Pricing is very reasonable. Depending on what time of day you get there the turn around time can be a little slow, but generally it's only if you go on a busy day. It's a 50's style diner and decorated appropriately. The seating in the front of the diner is a bit old and some of the seats are broken and should be replaced. It's not amazing, but it's solidly "Good".

2  Thank rachbertvt
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Classic 1950's diner complete with a 1950's fridge and posters of Marilyn Monroe in the entry way. Food is better than average diner fare, they serve great milkshakes and alcohol. Great friendly service. Fantastic ambience. A food oasis in the White Mountains.

1  Thank flightsofancy
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

After venturing through Polar Caves we were starving. They sent us here
Decently priced which is important on vacation. Delicious chips. I don't like chips. These were OMG amazing for me. He liked the fries! Milkshake was good too. Yummy. The booth, though, was less desirable. I could feel the springs. Ouch. Nice staff and clean bathrooms. If I was in the area I would stop again.

1  Thank Mineral2004
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We ate here because it looked unique when we drove by. I had a burger with homemade chips and a Coke. This burger is hand made (not a frozen patty) and cooked to order (so I could have it medium rare). My meal was under $8 w/the soda (which had free refills). My husband ordered one of their daily special: meatball, chicken Parmesan. I think for the price the his serving was very small. He was not impressed with the chicken at all.
The place is unique in that it is a diner car type place; the wait staff was friendly; not sure we would eat here again unless we both had burgers.

1  Thank adkhmschm0m