Pebble Cove
US$163
US$150
QualityInn
US$75
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$293
US$97
Fairfield Inn Portsmouth Seacoast(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$184
US$169
AscendHotels
All reviewsacross the streetthe ownerwould definitely go backmaybe minutesnew englandlittle gemcoastkitchenetteportsmouthmotelnhpillowssuggestions
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Driving south out of Portsmouth, NH and taking the shore road (1A), you first encounter the protected salt marshes with their white egrets, then your first glimpse of New Hampshire's short (17 miles) but well-manicured seacoast. Let your car windows down and breath in the bracing salt air! The first motel you come to, on your right, will be the Pebble Cove Motel; it's just steps from the pounding surf and you'll notice the gorgeous flowers planted by Beth, the owner (with her husband, Steve). The pair have owned and managed the place for years and live on the grounds, and thus able to care for your every need. There's a pool right outside your room and lovely flowers freshly-picked in your room as you walk in. My family and I have been coming to Pebble Cove for about forty years and always meet friends there who also are repeat visitors. That's the type of place this is, one that draws visitors back to the gentle camaraderie among guests and the many nearby seacoast attractions. Although there's no swimmable beach in front, it's a short walk (or drive with kids) to Wallis Sands State Park, the nearby public beach, one of the seacoast's most popular, with a view of the historic off-shore Isles of Shoals. You can feast on seafood and take a whale-watch cruise or shop in Portsmouth's many shops. Pebble Cove likes you to rent for a week or more, but many people book for one night and then hate to have to pack up and leave! The cleaning crerw, often local college students, is fantastic and Beth and Steve aim to make your stay memorable. They are experts at sharing all sorts of local lore, directions to attractions. be sure to drive down the shore road and check out the enormous, classical estates lining the rocky shore line. If you're a surfer, you're close to several area surf shops, too. Also be sure to explore the many area historic military forts, which offer great exploration opportunities for kids and adults alike. So Pebble Cpove makes a great hiome base for your sightseeing! A Great Place to relax!

Room Tip: The owners,Beth and Steve,will assign you to a room based on how many of you there are. The motel is single-story, All rooms face the pool. There is no roadway noise at night whatsoever, and only local traffic during the day.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dday716
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I first stayed here when I was driving home from Maine about 20 years ago & was too tired to finish the trip to CT so I stayed here just because I needed a bed & picked the first motel out of Portsmouth on 1-A. Over the years I realized that I was spending more & more time here & less in Maine. This time I treated myself to 3 weeks & loved every minute of it. It's a great small vintage motel with housekeeping units, is spotlessly clean with very comfortable rooms, is across from a rocky beach with a sandy beach (Wallis Sands) about a mile down the road, has beautiful grounds with a pool, & Steve & Beth (owners) are great. It's a perfect area for biking, walking/running, & kayaking & is close to good restaurants & downtown Portsmouth. Can't wait to get back there next year.

Room Tip: Choose between one of the suites or a studio with a full bath & kitchen.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nancyncs
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Having planned a driving route along the East Coast we needed somewhere to stop for a night so after the usual review checking etc I used google maps to find a place with a really good location and drive along the coast. I am lucky to have found Pebble Cove, it caught my eye on the screen so after having contacted Steve the owner while I was still in the UK we made arrangements for our stay. Then, seeing the place and area for the first time was great, no HD screen will do it justice! Our stay was very comfortable with the room ready, clean and Steve there to greet us when we arrived, already anticipating who we were! I guess we looked English :) If we had time in our schedule I would have stopped there on the way home but it might have to wait until our next trip!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Beautiful peaceful place, spotless, tastefully decorated, lovely pool. Right across from the ocean, beautiful grounds full of flowers. Rented the amazing 2 bedroom with full eat-in kitchen and living room with my husband and daughter.The nicest owners you'll ever want to meet. Thank you Steve and Beth for making our stay so enjoyable. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Brigitte S
Reviewed 12 October 2012

This place has everything: nice owners, full kitchen and bath and beach across the road. It is on the side of the road, the rooms are next to the others yet it is so peaceful and quiet. The matress is amazingly comfortable. You can take your cup of coffee on the beach on the other side of the road. As a surfer, I was pleased since it was close to Jenness and Rye on the rocks. Also, up 111, you get to Lafayette where all the shops are. I could not ask for more. Tip: if you cook, open the window and direct the fan in that direction or else the fumes will start the smoke alarm which is almost impossible to stop.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple