“A magical place...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pebble Cove

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rye
Pebble Cove
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rye
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“A magical place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family and I have been staying at Pebble Cove now for many years and it's such a magical place for us. Steve and Beth are simply the best. The rooms are very clean and comfortably decorated, the pool is absolutely beautiful and impeccably maintained and the landscaping and flowers are simply gorgeous. It's located directly across the road from the ocean, offering easy access to spectacular views of the Atlantic. It's located in a quiet location along the NH coast, yet very accessible to so many activities and restaurants - a perfect spot to hub and spoke out of. And if you like to walk, run and bike, it's a perfect spot to stay. As one man states in his review - "Fancy? No." So if you are looking for that fancy place to stay, then this might not be your place, however, please keep an open mind... and I think you'll be happily surprised. I am a woman who travels frequently on business and stays at the 'fanciest' of resorts and hotels, and for me... Pebble Cove is my place to retreat, relax, recharge and enjoy time with my family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MPCapecod

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Jamestown, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I were looking for an out-of-the way place on the beach between Boston and Freeport Maine that would allow us to spend a little time in Northern Mass and New Hampshire for a day. Rates for almost any stay on the coast is outrageous so when we found Pebble Cove at less than $90 per night we were skeptical at first but relying on Trip Advisor reviews we booked for a night.

Only three complaints;

1) The mattress was too soft for my comfort. Beth, the owner, explained that all the mattresses where ordered at the same time and all were the same firmness but offered to release us from our reservation and refund if we wanted to sleep elsewhere.
2) Repairs in the pink tiled bathroom were sloppy, at best, making it obvious that it was probably time for an update.
3) Unfortunately there is no ocean view as there is a surf breaker (levee) built all the way down the ocean frontage road until you get closer to Rye Beach.

The good:

1) The room was clean and comfortable.
2) Came with a kitchenette. Nice for a longer stay.
3) Wi-fi
4) Beth, the owner, was very nice and pointed us to a very good breakfast place. Very accommodating.
5) Rye Beach is less than a mile down the coast.
6) Two ocean-side State Parks within minutes.
7) Fifteen minutes to Portsmouth, NH.

So is this the Hilton? No.
Is it clean and comfortable? Yes.
Is it reasonably priced? Yes.
Would I stay here again? Probably.

Room Tip: If you prefer a stiff mattress you will not find one here. Beth told me all her mattresses were bou...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JamestownRGW
pebblecove, Owner at Pebble Cove, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I'm sorry about that mattress being soft. As I mentioned when you were here I had just purchased all new ones. It bothered me after you checked out so I tried it out myself. There was something wrong ....it now has a nice new firm matress! A defect perhaps? Than you for your business.
Beth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The Pebble Cove is a great find. We discovered it ten years ago looking for a place close to Portsmouth to spend a few nights. The clean and well appointed rooms along with the well kept grounds and sensational hosts Beth+Steve has us returning year after year.

• Stayed June 2014
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Driving south out of Portsmouth, NH and taking the shore road (1A), you first encounter the protected salt marshes with their white egrets, then your first glimpse of New Hampshire's short (17 miles) but well-manicured seacoast. Let your car windows down and breath in the bracing salt air! The first motel you come to, on your right, will be the Pebble Cove Motel; it's just steps from the pounding surf and you'll notice the gorgeous flowers planted by Beth, the owner (with her husband, Steve). The pair have owned and managed the place for years and live on the grounds, and thus able to care for your every need. There's a pool right outside your room and lovely flowers freshly-picked in your room as you walk in. My family and I have been coming to Pebble Cove for about forty years and always meet friends there who also are repeat visitors. That's the type of place this is, one that draws visitors back to the gentle camaraderie among guests and the many nearby seacoast attractions. Although there's no swimmable beach in front, it's a short walk (or drive with kids) to Wallis Sands State Park, the nearby public beach, one of the seacoast's most popular, with a view of the historic off-shore Isles of Shoals. You can feast on seafood and take a whale-watch cruise or shop in Portsmouth's many shops. Pebble Cove likes you to rent for a week or more, but many people book for one night and then hate to have to pack up and leave! The cleaning crerw, often local college students, is fantastic and Beth and Steve aim to make your stay memorable. They are experts at sharing all sorts of local lore, directions to attractions. be sure to drive down the shore road and check out the enormous, classical estates lining the rocky shore line. If you're a surfer, you're close to several area surf shops, too. Also be sure to explore the many area historic military forts, which offer great exploration opportunities for kids and adults alike. So Pebble Cpove makes a great hiome base for your sightseeing! A Great Place to relax!

Room Tip: The owners,Beth and Steve,will assign you to a room based on how many of you there are. The motel is...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank dday716
West Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I first stayed here when I was driving home from Maine about 20 years ago & was too tired to finish the trip to CT so I stayed here just because I needed a bed & picked the first motel out of Portsmouth on 1-A. Over the years I realized that I was spending more & more time here & less in Maine. This time I treated myself to 3 weeks & loved every minute of it. It's a great small vintage motel with housekeeping units, is spotlessly clean with very comfortable rooms, is across from a rocky beach with a sandy beach (Wallis Sands) about a mile down the road, has beautiful grounds with a pool, & Steve & Beth (owners) are great. It's a perfect area for biking, walking/running, & kayaking & is close to good restaurants & downtown Portsmouth. Can't wait to get back there next year.

Room Tip: Choose between one of the suites or a studio with a full bath & kitchen.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nancyncs
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Having planned a driving route along the East Coast we needed somewhere to stop for a night so after the usual review checking etc I used google maps to find a place with a really good location and drive along the coast. I am lucky to have found Pebble Cove, it caught my eye on the screen so after having contacted Steve the owner while I was still in the UK we made arrangements for our stay. Then, seeing the place and area for the first time was great, no HD screen will do it justice! Our stay was very comfortable with the room ready, clean and Steve there to greet us when we arrived, already anticipating who we were! I guess we looked English :) If we had time in our schedule I would have stopped there on the way home but it might have to wait until our next trip!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Steve S
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Beautiful peaceful place, spotless, tastefully decorated, lovely pool. Right across from the ocean, beautiful grounds full of flowers. Rented the amazing 2 bedroom with full eat-in kitchen and living room with my husband and daughter.The nicest owners you'll ever want to meet. Thank you Steve and Beth for making our stay so enjoyable. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Brigitte S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye
Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown
Union Bluff Hotel
Union Bluff Hotel
#1 of 9 in York Beach

Been to Pebble Cove? Share your experiences!