“My new favorite retreat!”
Review of Hoyt's Lodges

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rye
Hoyt's Lodges
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rye
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

On the recommendation of a friend I decided to rent here for a week. Every morning I crossed the street and had my tea sitting on a rock looking out at the ocean. My cottage was cozy, quiet and set back from the road. It is so close to Portsmouth, an excellent place to bicycle and a half mile to Wallis Sands Beach. I will return. My 20 something daughters and my husband were happy as well.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Majanice

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Returned to Hoyt's again this year. We really appreciate the quiet. No jerks bellowing into cell phones, noisy drunks coming in at two am, expense of eating out every night like we had at the motel last year when Hoyts were full. Leisurely breakfasts on the screened porches, short walks to the beach, friendly hosts and friendlier dog. The "rules" are nothing exciting to folks who are used to caring for themselves and living with a septic system but it probably helps to have the placards for folks accustomed to municipal systems. Bottom line is we come to Rye for my wife's birthday every year and, if they have the space, we always stay at Hoyts and always will.

Room Tip: If you have to se the ocean, pick the studio or cabins 1 or 2 but the back cabins are much more secl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BobHenke
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We have been coming here for 20 years and now we have the kids to bring as well it is nice and quiet so close to the wallis sands beach, private quarters, bbq, patios, wonderful view of the ocean in screened patios(mosquitos)...thank goodness...cant say anything bad or else we wouldn't come back almost every year..alot of family activities in the area...see you next year again..
Nancy & Steve x Montreal Canada

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My family and I have stayed at Hoyt's Lodges for the past eight years. If you like peace and quiet, fresh sea breezes, the smell of salt air, and the chirping of birds - put away your electronic devices - Hoyt's Lodges is the perfect place to spend time with family and friends! Hoyt's Lodges offers proximity to excellent fun in the sun, sand and surf. The fishing - whether it be off the beach or on a local charter - is exceptional. A wonderful place to connect with family and nature! Add to the mix the fun of a family barbecue and games on the spacious lawn make for memorable vacation moments. I highly recommend Hoyt's Lodges for a relaxing stay at the picturesque coastal town of Rye, New Hampshire. The cottages offer all of the amenities you need while on vacation and the owners are very gracious and accommodating.

We have booked our reservation for Summer 2014 and we have already started the countdown for next year's stay at Hoyt's Lodges.

Lori & Kevin D.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed 13 July 2013

If you stay here, make sure you are in the front cottage, be cause unless you are staying in one of the two cottages at the very front, you have no view and are on top of the people next to you. With no AC and the windows open, I would hear morning noises from next door that I really didn't want to hear. Inside, the cottages are clean, but old and the one we had had a very odd layout.

Room Tip: Unless the cottage in the very front with the full ocean view (and not on top of the cottage next do...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris F
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great location, clean, comfortable lodges!! I am almost afraid to put my review down because I want to able to come back next year. Stayed in cottage number #1 with a full kitchen ( no need to bring anything, all utensils, pots/pan, & coffee machine are available, along with the basics for your charcoal grill on your front porch. Partial ocean view because the house is front but you can still see the ocean. Close to portsmouth, 5 minute walk to Wallis Sands beach, quick drive to Hampton if you please. Cottage was clean, well maintained. Owners are friendly and help with any needs and have a cute dog that may come to your porch to say hello. Great for two people, can pay more for 3 with the pullout coach in living room but no door for bedroom. Awesome view of stars at night from your porch. If it rains, large flat screen TV inside with a coach. Already can't wait for next year!

Room Tip: Studio apartment has best view cuz its up high, cottage #1 only partial views but great living space...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Hoyt's is wonderful! The view is amazing and the cottages are clean, comfortable and have all the amenities you need on vacation. John and Ann are very accommodating hosts. We have been coming to Hoyt's for many years and can't imagine staying anywhere else. You are close to Portsmouth and local attractions and the beaches and shoreline just can't be beat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye
Wells - Ogunquit Resort Motel & Cottages
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton
The Rosewood Inn at Rye

Been to Hoyt's Lodges? Share your experiences!