“Can't wait to come back”
Review of Hoyt's Lodges

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rye
Hoyt's Lodges
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rye
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We've been staying at Hoyt's for quick off-season getaways for more than a decade. The cottages are neat, and the owners very accommodating. They always find just the right cottage for our family of 4 (#9 and #6 are our favorites). The cottages have full kitchens so we can eat some meals in to save money. What keeps us coming back, though, is the beauty and tranquility of Rye, NH. The ocean is right across the street from the property, and we always go out and sit on the rocks overlooking the ocean as our first act when we get there. Wallis Sands state park beach is just a 10-minute walk or 1-minute drive down the street. We can easily drive into Portsmouth for dinner, or stay even more local and hit Petey's Seafood restaurant just down Ocean Boulevard. Sometimes we like the hustle and bustle of Hampton Beach further south (about 20-25 minutes by car), but when we want some peaceful family time we head to Hoyt's Lodges in Rye. We haven't been disappointed yet, and in fact we've planned our first week-long trip there for this August, and we can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Beth A

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The first time I stayed at Hoyt's Lodges was about 15 years ago when I was in town for a family wedding. This year I was lucky enough to secure a cottage for my husband and I on a recent trip to Rye. We love staying at Hoyt's! The cottages are adorable (I really want the fridge from ours, but John says no). :) The owners are so friendly and helpful, and their dog Rita is a doll - we loved seeing her wagging tail each day. Cabin 2 has a beautiful view of the ocean right across the street, and was the perfect get away from it all. Thank you again, John! We'll be back to stay with you again soon.

Room Tip: Cabins 1 and 2 have great ocean views, but the back row cabins are more secluded.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DeniseAZ
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

On the recommendation of a friend I decided to rent here for a week. Every morning I crossed the street and had my tea sitting on a rock looking out at the ocean. My cottage was cozy, quiet and set back from the road. It is so close to Portsmouth, an excellent place to bicycle and a half mile to Wallis Sands Beach. I will return. My 20 something daughters and my husband were happy as well.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Majanice
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Returned to Hoyt's again this year. We really appreciate the quiet. No jerks bellowing into cell phones, noisy drunks coming in at two am, expense of eating out every night like we had at the motel last year when Hoyts were full. Leisurely breakfasts on the screened porches, short walks to the beach, friendly hosts and friendlier dog. The "rules" are nothing exciting to folks who are used to caring for themselves and living with a septic system but it probably helps to have the placards for folks accustomed to municipal systems. Bottom line is we come to Rye for my wife's birthday every year and, if they have the space, we always stay at Hoyts and always will.

Room Tip: If you have to se the ocean, pick the studio or cabins 1 or 2 but the back cabins are much more secl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BobHenke
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We have been coming here for 20 years and now we have the kids to bring as well it is nice and quiet so close to the wallis sands beach, private quarters, bbq, patios, wonderful view of the ocean in screened patios(mosquitos)...thank goodness...cant say anything bad or else we wouldn't come back almost every year..alot of family activities in the area...see you next year again..
Nancy & Steve x Montreal Canada

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My family and I have stayed at Hoyt's Lodges for the past eight years. If you like peace and quiet, fresh sea breezes, the smell of salt air, and the chirping of birds - put away your electronic devices - Hoyt's Lodges is the perfect place to spend time with family and friends! Hoyt's Lodges offers proximity to excellent fun in the sun, sand and surf. The fishing - whether it be off the beach or on a local charter - is exceptional. A wonderful place to connect with family and nature! Add to the mix the fun of a family barbecue and games on the spacious lawn make for memorable vacation moments. I highly recommend Hoyt's Lodges for a relaxing stay at the picturesque coastal town of Rye, New Hampshire. The cottages offer all of the amenities you need while on vacation and the owners are very gracious and accommodating.

We have booked our reservation for Summer 2014 and we have already started the countdown for next year's stay at Hoyt's Lodges.

Lori & Kevin D.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed 13 July 2013

If you stay here, make sure you are in the front cottage, be cause unless you are staying in one of the two cottages at the very front, you have no view and are on top of the people next to you. With no AC and the windows open, I would hear morning noises from next door that I really didn't want to hear. Inside, the cottages are clean, but old and the one we had had a very odd layout.

Room Tip: Unless the cottage in the very front with the full ocean view (and not on top of the cottage next do...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris F

Been to Hoyt's Lodges? Share your experiences!