“Home away from Home”

The Rosewood Inn at Rye
Ranked #1 of 3 Rye B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Rosewood Inn is a gem! We planned to stay for 1 week and decided to stay for 3. Super clean,safe,quiet, and relaxing, We didn't want to leave. Excellent place for families, couples, singles and pets. Homey atmosphere for short or long term stays. Staff very accommodating and friendly. Totally well managed and maintained. Housekeeping way beyond par. P.S. almost had to leave my husband behind because of the people we met who were also staying there that made it feel like a family. Can't wait to go back!!! On a scale of 1-10 the Rosewood Inn is a 100+ !!! Wouldn't ever stay anywhere else. Centrally located between many restaurants, convenient shopping,and the beach. Located on U.S. Rt. 1 but hidden in it's own seclusion of peace and serenity. Favorite places to eat: Wing-Itz, Betty's Kitchen, 99 To Go, The Galley Hatch, and The 401. We live 3 houses off the beach in Rockaway, NY but Rye, NH is the place to be...especially when you stay at the Rosewood Inn. My husband gives them 3 thumbs up lol I couldn't ask for anything more. Thank you to the owner, Patricia Larson, for making our experience so wonderful, you made us feel as if we were at home.

Room Tip: Room 6, but please don't occupy for too long because we plan on coming back soon.lol
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cheryl-Anthony F

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Everything one could expect in a motel: clean, gondola bed, friendly staff.
Signage a bit of an issue at night - we missed it four times and had to do u turns! Sign needs illuminating at night. Also, make sure you get directions or know where you are going in nearby Portsmouth ( a nice little town once you find the right bits)

Room Tip: Make sure you have satnav!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank richardbate
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed here for one night during a road trip. Found this place after not seeing any place in Portsmouth, NH that felt right. My wife and I like motels where you can park the car right outside the room - find this very convenient.
We saw that the place wasn't full, it looked clean and cared for. The woman at front desk was friendly and helpful-showed us the room and went out of her way to help us air it out with the AC as there was some odor of cleaning fluids and it was humid. Recently updated, the room was nicely equipped with microwave, fridge, sink at food area.
Clean, no problem with any bugs, manager and owner both friendly. We paid just under $90 and it was great for our one-night stay. Would recommend for anyone passing through

Room Tip: Be friendly with the staff (and their kids!) and they'll help you with anything you need. A room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank macreate
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

It was the nicest motel we've been in east usa! The man at he front desk was a littlebit slow and wired but he was friendly! The room was really nice and clean! We paid 107$ dollar tax included! The position is good, only 10 minutes from porthsmouth! Recomman!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Marion D
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The clerk at the front desk was friendly and helpful. We did, however, leave a comment on their card that it might be time for new mattresses! They were terrible...these were in a room with 2 double beds. Our friends stayed in a room with a king size bed and said their mattress was fine. It is an older establishment and therefore the carpets are old and dingy. It was clean enough and it was conveniently located to Portsmouth.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Borinquen61
Reviewed 25 May 2013

My grandson and I stayed here in March of 2013 . I couldn't,t believe how well treated we were. The rates were excellent and the rooms were VERY CLEAN !!!! NO BUGS !!!!! THE BEST SLEEP EVER !!!! The staff couldn't do enough for us and treated us like we were family . I was SO IMPRESSED !!!!!! My daughter and I had decided to go to New Hampshire , for the long weekend ,May 17/2013, to do a bit of shopping and Again we stayed at the Rosewood Inn. MOST ENJOYABLE !!!!! I had car problems when I arrived ,and Norman who is an employee at the front desk ,was SO helpful and Kind. If it wasn't,t for him I don't know what I would have done. He even went out of his way and led me to the Honda Barn so that I could get my car fixed ,and have a Safe trip back to Nova Scotia. Thank you Norman !!!!!!!
All employees there do what ever they can to make sure your stay is a Memorable one !!!!!!
I am a very fussy person and like cleanliness and I CANNOT SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE as I WILL STAY THERE AGAIN. What other hotel or motel offers , caring people ,wifi and free calling to Canada ????? That was also very impressive to me . A BIG Thank YOU , to all the staff at The ROSEWOOD INN for making my stay a memorable one!!! SEE YOU ALL AGAIN SOON !!!!

Room Tip: Made a mistake as there is no pool. So I shouldn't have rated it. All I can say is that I want...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Christina L
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed here and bugs were in my bed hey manager close down this place to many bugs.......
bad customer service and linens were old and dirty I would never stay here.rugs are dirty and rooms smells real bad. do not stay here unless you like the bed bugs.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank suncity751
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye
Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
Wrens Nest Village Inn
Wrens Nest Village Inn
#4 of 4 in Portsmouth
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton

Been to The Rosewood Inn at Rye? Share your experiences!