“21 years and it just gets better” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dunes Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rye Beach
Dunes Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Rye Beach B&B and Inns
Agawam, Massachusetts
“21 years and it just gets better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I consider The Dunes my ultimate get away and hiding place. I love the old school vibe of the people and the structure. It is always clean, friendly and warm. I have been going for 21 years and I have also been to many other places throughout N.E. and worldwide but The Dunes has a unique charm and attracts the most down to earth people. If you like friendly, clean, relaxing, welcoming, and the feel of days gone by . . . this is the place. I would love to tell everyone to stay away so I could selfishly enjoy it with those "regulars" I have seen there over the years but . . . go, enjoy!
I try to go as much as I can in the summer, alone, with family and to meet friends.

Room Tip: Second floor facing the ocean
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank daboulk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rye Brook, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

This summer, we had a chance to experience this fine motel with extremely good dining. It happens to be across the street from a wonderful beach and next door to a fantastic Surf Shop (Summer Sessions)!
It was fun for the whole family! Surf lessons for all or walks along the beach.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RyeBeach2281, Manager at Dunes Motor Inn, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Musicmaker619

Thank you for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! The surf shop is definitely a great addition to our property. We hope to see you again!!!
Walden, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at the Dunes Motor Inn from 9/9-9/11/2013, and it more than met my expectations! The room was lovely and clean and the bed was comfortable. The ocean view from the room and the balcony outside was priceless and the close proximity to the beach was such a plus. The pool was sparklingly clean.The staff was professional, warm, welcoming, and helpful. The continental breakfast was wonderful. The fact that they were pet-friendly was the icing on the cake, since I go nowhere without my little dog! The whole experience was completely positive, with no negatives whatsoever. And I WILL be staying here again!

Room Tip: get an upstairs room with an ocean view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Ruth S,

How exciting for us to see such a glowing review. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with this review. Please know, that we take our survey's and reviews to heart and will indeed share with our associates how special they made you feel during your stay with us.
West Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have been travelling to New Hampshire for the past 3 years and each time have stayed here at the Dunes for a long weekend. The hotel is located far enough away from the center of Hampton Beach where it is not as crowded. It is an average hotel not necessarily updated with the best accommodations but if you are staying in this part of New Hampshire your reason is to be at the beach and see the sights, not to stay in your hotel room.

The hotel comes equipped with a nice restaurant with a friendly staff and cheap prices. The food was actually very good each time we stayed here too.

Jenness Beach is directly across the street and next door is a surf shop and grocery store with essentials and beer and wine.

We like it and would recommend it for those who just need a place to sleep in the right area for chilling out on the beach.

Room Tip: The second floor, to me, is of better value. You have a better view of the ocean and it is quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SHANNON F
Shannon F.,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We value guest feedback as it allows us to constantly improve upon the guest experience. We apologize that the room was not up to your standards. When time and finances allow, we make updates to the rooms.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the restaurant!! It is certainly a great asset to our facility.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I came here a few weeks ago and my oh my this place looks a lot better the hallway upstairs was redone and looks bright and clean, the maids do a fantastic cleaning job and if you have any other questions just ask them and they help right away! The office staff is always smiling and glad to help ! This place is clean and friendly, did I mention how beautiful the pool looked this year. If you want a clean, cozy place next to the ocean the dunes is the place !

• Stayed July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

If you are looking for the Taj Mahal, this isn't it, you can go to other seacoast towns for that. This is an incredibly clean, fun, family oriented place. It is a 60's throwback in time to the days of Motor Inn's. You can see that as soon as you pull up; so reviews that put the place down, must pull in with blinders on. There are no false pretenses here. If you want a clean, comfortable bed, a great pool, a continental breakfast, and a fantastic ocean right across the street, then the Dunes is the place to be. Families, couples and friends, return several times a season, and many have been coming back to the Dunes for years. The staff works very hard to please the guests. It is family owned; not a chain. There is a free continental breakfast, with great food choices; and a pizza/grinder shop, that has fantastic pizza, and even does breakfast. Fifteen minutes either way to Hampton or downtown Portsmouth. You cannot beat this location. Come to Jenness Beach and have a blast at the Dunes. I live nearby, and enjoyed working there for three seasons, and have had many friends and family stay at the Dunes. B. Hughes, Rye, NH

Room Tip: If you want a great ocean view, choose the upper deck rooms, but my favorites are the rooms above th...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank BowieMoonie
Hollis, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is certainly a family oriented but VERY nice motor inn. The location is by far awesome as you are a few steps away from a very lovely beach. The grounds are well maintained and their flower gardens are lovely. The motor inn has a rather large pool area which is very well kept. I do have a granddaughter who works here but had never been before and was very surprised. Our room was very basic, but most importantly very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Seven of us had dinner one night in their restaurant and all of us were very satisfied with the qualify of the food from lobster (twin lobster dinner for only $17) to scallops, to chicken bernaise as well as their children's selections and "fried pickles" to begin with which were so tasty. Wait-staff was great and their FREE continental breakfast is larger than most motels/motor inns provide and great way to start the day. I travel quite extensively each year and I feel that the negative reviews are from folks who have not kept up with the price of travel. We had two full beds and plenty of room for only $158 a night which included breakfast for four of us. This to me is a BARGAIN due to location of the facility, the pool and restaurant right there. This saved us much time looking and getting stuck in traffic during the very busiest times for vacationing in the Rye/Hampton Beach area of New Hampshire.
If you are looking for the Ritz it is not, but if you want a clean room with a wonderful location that is very clean, run do not walk to the Dunes. By the way....say "hi" to my granddaughter Meagan who works nights at the Motor Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 17 in Portsmouth
Ashworth by the Sea
Ashworth by the Sea
#3 of 41 in Hampton

Been to Dunes Motor Inn? Share your experiences!