“Not just good but OMG good”

Colosseum Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Colosseum Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 109 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The usual Thursday night date night brought us to The Colosseum Restaurant last night. The dining experience started innocent enough. We arrived without a reservation, were greeted by the hostess right away and immediately brought to a waiting table. Water glasses were filled before we knew it and we met our Waiter; Estefan soon thereafter. We have been skipping appetizers recently but this time I'm glad we didn't. My wife ordered the so called "world famous" baked stuffed mushrooms, which were exquisite with a seafood stuffing that was unbelievable. They were the "best she ever had" which explains why they call them world famous. I had the Tortellini soup which was hot cheesy and fresh tasting, brought Tortellini to a new level for me. The main courses were even better than the appetizers. My Wife's Chicken Piccata was again, the best she ever had and the home made pasta was awesome. I had the Veal Parm which was also served with the signature home made Gemelli pasta. Another dish that was out of this world, by far the best veal I've ever had and the pasta was obviously fresh and delicious. While enjoying our meals another waiter rolled a desert cart by. In my quick look I spotted what looked like a great cheese cake, cannoli among others. This was as close as I got to desert since the abundant portions had us both stuffed and satisfied. Desert, however tempting was out of the question. We both enjoyed every bite and left feeling as pleased as we could be. We will definitely be back as soon as our diet will allow.

1  Thank Steveo978

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am gluten free and called restaurant to see if they had gluten free menu. They said they had gluten free pasta. Went for lunch today only to find out they charge $5.00 extra for a scoop of pasta. If we were alone I would have walked. I can see a little upcharge but not that much

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I am very surprised that people give this restaurant anything other than 4 stars. I recently went here for my anniversary knowing the food here is unbelievable, best of NH Winner for years!!! The food was some of the best Italian I have ever had, and I mean ever!!!

It does not have the style of a five star restaurant, there were a lot of children and families dining but they had live music after 7pm on a Saturday night.

The bread was great, the appetizer clams we had were awesome and the Frutti De Mare was out if this world. This was the best tomato sauce I have ever had, sweet buttery sauce that I could not get enough of. My wife had a salad and steak and also was very pleased. They had a dessert cart they brought out with some fantastic choices.

If your local, visiting or planning a night out I highly recommend a visit here to give a try yourself. You will see why this place is a multi award winning restaurant and worth the drive!!! Enjoy.

1  Thank NEFANMAN
Reviewed 16 April 2014

the food is very good atmosphere was calm&relaxed sercive was very good would recommend this restaurant to every one

1  Thank sweetpea6036
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This blows all other Italian restaurants out of the water. Sure the North end in Boston is good however the food here is excellent and the price is right. The servers are friendly, the environment is relaxed and if you sit at the bar, the entertainment is phenomenal. There is no better Italian food (since my family ;) ) that I have had! The sauce they make is great and their limoncello is fantastic! Couldn't have asked for a better experience or food!!