“My food took forever”

Ranked #22 of 110 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Description: Authentically delicious food and drinks made fresh to order daily. Art and furnishings handcrafted in Mexico. For family, friends and community, the fiesta starts here. It's like being in Mexico without getting on a plane.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

So we go to margaritas all the time. And lately the food has been taking forever. The food isn't as good as it has been and for the amount of time we wait, you'd think the food would come out perfect. But no. The past couple times we've been in the food has come out crusty, cold and not made correctly. I had asked for no sour cram on my enchiladas and you could tell they had put it on it and then wiped it off. You could still see it on the food. My girlfriend had ordered the All You Can Eat Tacos that they offer on Mondays and Tuesdays. Her tacos were wrong. The shells were stale and there was barely any meat In them. Our server was very apologetic although it was not her fault. We had asked to speak to a manager. No manager came by. We are so fed up. After 5 years of business. We will not be returning. Which is such a shame since it's only been the past couple months that the food has been terrible

My suggestion. Hire new cooks and fire the ones that you have.

3  Thank Jacksmith7
KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear of your last visit with the opportunities we had with your meal. I so appreciate your business and would like a chance to make it right. I have shared your review with my management team and kitchen staff. Please ask for me, Ryan O'Leary, the next time your in Margaritas so I can apologize in person.

Ryan O'Leary

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were in NH just overnight and wanted a place near the LaQuinta. Right across the street connected to the Holiday Inn was Margaritas. It's a casual restaurant decorated with all kinds of Mexican décor. The best part was the food. It came quickly and very hot. It is a little more expensive than some Mexican restaurants but well worth it. You had a choice of beans with the meal along with a tasty rice. The enchiladas that I had were filled with a tasty chicken and lots of flavorful cheese. The portions were more than plentiful but I couldn't stop eating. Some of the tastiest Mexican I've ever had.

1  Thank travelteacher4
KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for the review and we are glad you enjoyed your visit. Hope you can see us again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The food was fair, the service was fair and the prices are not. There are many other very good restaurants in the area, I would only eat here as a last resort because it's attached to the hotel.

Thank you for the review and sorry you did not enjoy our food. Our team is always trying to make improvements and adding new flavors and tastes, so we hope you can give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The margaritas here are, of course, the best! The food is great too. We've been many times and the Salem location is the best one around. Service is always great as well.

Thank you for the review! Hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Food and drinks were great. I love that they give you tortilla chips to snack on when you arrive. Our server Jameson was very perfect.

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thanks for the great review and glad you enjoyed! Come back soon!