“Nice Hotel; Margarita's Restaurant was Very Good.”

Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Salem
New York State
“Nice Hotel; Margarita's Restaurant was Very Good.”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This is a nice, clean hotel with very friendly staff. We stayed here while in town for a family wedding. The best surprise was Margarita's Restaurant where we had a tasty Mexican dinner at a very reasonable price. Our family of 5 had a great night..

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
MMbusiness, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this review, 14 August 2011
Thank you for staying at the Holiday and taking the time to write the review. The staff tries to help everyone and be friendly so you can be you and relax during your stay. Margarita's is the perfect way to end your day. Hope the wedding was fun and you enjoyed spending time with your family.

Hope you will come back soon!

Thanks

General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sterling, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Hotel was ready upon our arrival around 11am... took my teenage daughter and a few friends for a day a Canobie... they are at the age that they don't need/want to hang with Mom but wanted to stay close just in case. room was good size... lots of room for all of their belongings... anyone with teenage girls know what I mean. Canobie is about a mile away.. easy in and out from the Hotel.. free wireless internet a plus. was able to keep intouch with work.. Staff was great. after I unloaded all of our stuff I needed to return the cart to the lobby. The lady who was helping another customer offered to take it down for me.. I was impressed. I called for extra towels... girls need more then one and within minutes I received them.. The hotel has 2 pools one outside and one indoors.. the outside one was a little cool for me but the other kids that were here seemed to love it... I read other reviews and was nervous about staying here but next time I'm in the area this is where I will stay...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to respond about your stay! Sounds like you and the teenagers were able to relax and have fun. We try to welcome everyone during their stay and meet guest requests quickly. I am so glad you experienced this service from the staff

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Salem! We hope you will be back next year!

Tampa
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We spent two weekends here. The staff is well-trained and extremely pleasant. From the front desk to maids, to servers in cafe. You see quite a bit of staff around the hotel and they are invariably hospitable. One night our key didn't work, the front desk person re-activated our key. She told us, If it didn't work when we got up to our room "use the telephone by the elevator and I will come up."

The beds were extremely comfortable and our rooms were clean. The second weekend we were next to the elevator yet never heard it.

There is an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. Both are adequate. The exercise room is also adequate.

My impression of this hotel is that management really cares that you have a good experience. I would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: I did not get to see the rooms on floor LL, but walking down the corrider make me think that would n...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Salem and taking time to review your stay. I am happy you found the amenities perfect to fit your needs. We are the area's only full service hotel in the area and offer both the indoor and outdoor pool.

The rooms on the lower level are the executive rooms. Perfect for a long term stay or someone looking for a few more amenities as these rooms have mini kitchenette units and small sitting area in each.

Glad you had a nice stay and thanks again for the review.

middletown, ct
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Room seemed small and didnt have a fridge or a microwave. Breakfast wasn't included in the price. They have a nice indoor pool in a very large room, and nice jacuzzi. Outdoor pool is nice too. Hotel staff was exteremely friendly, each one that had the opportunity to do so said "Good morning." Good location, little tricky to find it if you aren't familiar with the area though. Overall, hotel is average, at best, especially for Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
West Hyannisport, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We attended a family wedding in Windham which is only about 5 miles away. The Holiday Inn was very accomodating in giving us a special rate. The rooms were very comfortable and roomy. The staff was very friendly and told us good places to visit and get a good car wash also. The pool was clean and the hot tub was very warm and relaxing. The only problem was breakfast - the service was very slow and the food was mediocre at best. But considering all of the above I would definitely stay there again but go out for breakfast.

Room Tip: Make reservations ahead and double check.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cecile4
salemmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback! We are lucky to have such a wonderful friendly staff. I am happy we were able to assist you with your needs during your stay. The hotel does get very busy and the Sunrise Cafe is usually the morning hot spot for our guests to share with family and friends who are here at the same time. We strive to service our guests the best way we can. We also try to service in an efficient manner so nobody has to wait. Again, thanks for your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Salem, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Very helpful service all the way through. They gave extreme attention to detail and remained committed to my comfort the entire duration. The staff, especially Andrew and Tammie, were the epitomy of professionalism. Thanks for a wonder time.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
salemmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this review, 31 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review The Holiday Inn Salem. It's great to hear our staff is delivering great service to you and the rest of our guests. The feedback is very important. Please come back to the hotel the next time you are in the area.

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 March 2011

I had to stay at the Holiday Inn for work, due to a snow storm, and I have to say that I am a very picky traveler. I was extremely impressed with the comfort, and the outstanding customer service I recieved while visiting.

The hotel was very busy, but when in the rooms you would never know it, it was very quiet. I came in during the worst part of the storm, and was feeling very frazzled, but receieved such a very friendly welcome from the front desk staff, the weather did not effect the gentlemans spirits! I was in a executive room, which had a king bed, micro-fridge, and nice seating area with a couch, great work space! I was able to use the free wifi with ease, and even got a work out in at the gym. I did not use the pool, but it looked very inviting and the pool area was immaculate! Margeritas restaraunt was nice, and the cafe for breakfast in the morning was quick and delicious, very friendly staff, especially Robyn.

The thing that impressed me the most was that anytime I stay in hotels, I don't sleep well. It's just a quirk in me, I dont sleep well outside my own comforts, like pillows, blankets, and such. I slept right through the night at this hotel, and it was such a pleasant surprise to wake up refreshed! I can't thank you enough for that!! Its priceless.

When I left in the morning, Jessica at the desk asked me how my stay was, and wished me a good morning as if she knew me very well. It just topped off my stay!

All in all, the best experience I have had at a Hotel. Worth every penny, Can't reccomend it enough. One of my co-workers stayed across the street at the LaQuinta, because i'll admit it was less expensive, however with that said he also told me it was the worst experience he has ever had...dirty, unwelcoming, ect. I guess you really and truly do get what you pay for sometimes, and spending a little more, to get so many benefits is well worth it!!

Thank you.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Salem. We value our guests opinion of the service and value that you receive as a guest. Our staff works very hard to go above and beyond whenever possible to make everyone happy. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Salem NH area. Thank you again for your reveiw.

Molly Mulholland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)? Share your experiences!