“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Park View Inn Inc.

Park View Inn Inc.
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I've lived within 5 miles of this motel all my life. I'm 66. I've passed it many times.
Now I'm retired and living in Florida and because of a family emergency had to return to the Salem area. I looked at the Tripadvisor reviews and saw many favorable comments about the Park View so we decided to try it.

What a pleasant surprise. The room was big, clean, bright and overall very nice. The bathroom was spotless. In fact, the whole room was spotless. The heat worked well, the unit very quiet. The rates are very reasonable.

The location of the Park View is excellent. Its located just off Interstate 93 and so many conveniences like restaurants, shopping (sales tax free in NH) and amusements.

I'd stay here again any time I'm in the area and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Great hotel/motel. Been here four times now in the past 2 years even though it would be more convenient for me to stay nearer to my place of work in Haverhill. Staff are great, informative, friendly and helpful.
Maybe breakfast could be a little better, but plenty of places to eat nearby, Bickfords Grill for a great breakfast/lunch and 99's for dinner and a beer.
Will be back

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stay here every fall while doing business in the area. We stay at least 10-12 nights and the quality is always great! It is clean, comfortable, and very homey. The parking near the rooms is convenient and the location is great, right on the strip near everything--plenty of shopping and restaurants. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Iv'e stayed at no other place like this. The experience is great rite from the start. When i checked in i was greeted with a friendly "HI" the grounds are clean and well groomed. When getting to my room (smoking) there was no odor like in other places i have stayed. The room was very clean and when I've requested extra towels they have always been there. When checking out the house cleaning staff is friendly and there is complimentary donuts in the am. Its nice to be greeted with a "Hi/Hello" from the entire staff, always friendly.The $ is unbeatable for the service/quality you receive, i would recommend this to anyone and i will surely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We have been here for one night during October 2013 and were very satisfied with our stay. The room was spacious and clean. There was a mini breakfast counter with coffee/tea and donuts to be taken to the room. Just enough for us, but maybe not for everyone. Both receptionists were very friendly and helpful. The business center has a computer, but the printer didn’t work. The lady at the reception kindly did the printing of the boarding passes for us. We certainly would come back here. We received value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AES132
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We booked an accessible room for one Friday night at a cost of £53 ($85) and emailed in advance to make sure our needs were met. Cyndi advised us that the disabled accessible room was reserved for us and that although the bedroom could accommodate a wheelchair the bathroom could not but it was disabled friendly with a low bath tub. That was acceptable.

When we checked in the young lady on reception put us in room number 55, which we were disappointed to find did not have any handrails or disabled friendly features in the bathroom. I returned to reception and asked if there was another room with an accessible bathroom. She said that she did not know but would ask. An hour later a lady (who I think was the owner) knocked on our door and said that she had cleaned the accessible room next door (no.54) for us. I said that I thought there was someone in there and she replied that she had moved them out. She apologised for the receptionist who had given us a room without taking into account our previous request.

Room 54 was quite large with a king bed and had enough room for my wife to move about in her wheelchair. The bathroom was small but had enough handrails for her to hold on to. The bath tub was low and had a tiled ledge/seat for her to sit on and use the shower. The water pressure was fairly good.

The room did appear a little worn around the edges but was spotless and had sufficient amenities for our needs. It was fine for us. The bed was very comfortable and the a/c unit was efficient and not noisy. We had a good night's sleep.

Breakfast was not included but juice, coffee and cookies were available at reception.

If we were to stay in Salem again we would definitely stay at the Park View Inn.

Room Tip: If you want a large non-smoking disabled accessible room just ask for number 54.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HerChubbyHubby
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This property was not what I expected from reading the reviews posted on TripAdvisor. While our room was clean and the exterior grounds were appealing, the interior of our room was in need of some updating. Their webpage advertises that they offer renovated rooms but the only real renovation that was apparent in our room was the TV. The carpet appeared to be clean but, none the less, was showing it's age as was the furniture. There was peeling wall paper in the bathroom and caulk was missing where the bathtub meets the wall tile. The fitted sheet on our mattress did not fit and consequently, it came off at the corners. The housekeeping staff was friendly and professional but the young ladies present at check-in and check-out could have been friendlier. While I would consider another stay at this property, I think that I would consider another hotel in the area first.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
#3 of 4 in Salem
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
3 mi away
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Best Western Merrimack Valley
Hampton Inn Haverhill
Hampton Inn Haverhill
#1 of 2 in Haverhill

Been to Park View Inn Inc.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Park View Inn Inc.

Address: 109 S Broadway, Salem, NH 03079-3025
Region: United States > New Hampshire > Salem
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Price Range: £48 - £61 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Park View Inn Inc. 2*
Park View Inn – Salem. Your home away from home is located in the heart of Salem's restaurant/tax free shopping district and directly across from Rockingham Race Track. We offer competitive rates for short or long term stays. Newly renovated guest rooms are nestled amongst our beautifully landscaped grounds. All rooms offer refrigerators, hair dryers, in-room coffee, free HBO, and many have kitchens to accommodate long term stays. Come see why for over 40 years, Park View Inn has been surpassing people's expectations. Located off I-93 at exit 1 directly across from Rockingham Race Track. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Park View Inn Inc. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Park View Inn, Inc. Hotel Salem