“"Where hospitality meets economy"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Roof Inn Salem

Red Roof Inn Salem
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Salem, New Hampshire
“"Where hospitality meets economy"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Booked room for weekend trip with my family. We rented a suite which was very spacious and fully equipped with microwave and fridge. The inn was recently renovated so the rooms were very immaculate and the hospitality was excellent. Great value. Thanks Stephanie! :)

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quieter and have the best view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review!! Stephanie is great at customer service, born to serve. We did just get renovated and we have added new hi speed WIFi FREE, New HD package for our 37" flat screen TV's. Thanks again and see soon and often.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I vacation in New England each year and except for 2013 (surgery/unable to travel), I've stayed at this Red Roof Inn every year since 2006.

Excellent staff who remember me each year I'm their guest, pleasant and efficient housekeeping employees, as well as clean comfortable rooms, are the reasons I keep returning.

Looking forward to seeing you again later this year!

**PLEASE NOTE: required to fill in the "when did you travel" box. But since the last time I stayed was in 2012, and that year is not shown as an option choice, I just picked a random date in 2013.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sandytravelbug
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. When you visit next time you will notice some great changes in Salem Red Roof Inn. We have been renovated, all new bedding, floors, TV's with an amazing HD package. The FREE WiFi has been upgraded for faster service. I will show the lady's and Chris your comments thanks again and see you soon.
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a room here initially because they were pet friendly.

The rooms were clean (except my wife did notice a stain or two on the bedspread) but other than that, we had a nice nights rest there.

We also enjoyed the abundance of Doggy Doo bags located on the property. It's secluded and fenced in enough that we were able to walk our Pup without any worry.

The lobby coffee is good and so is the front desk staff. We'll most likely book again if we're going through Salem.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cyranotony
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you very much for your recent review of Red Roof Inn Salem. Glad you enjoyed your stay and also glad you little friend enjoyed as well. I will make sure to share your comments with the entire staff so that we may better serve you your next stay.
Thanks again
Salem, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

The inn had a tough winter. At its worst, there was more than ten feet of snow in the parking lot, but they always kept the snow off the walk. There was no danger that we older folks would slip and fall.

When spring game, the grass was neat and the tulips came up. This hotel has the best landscaping of any hotel I can afford.

It's hard to make up every bed exactly right, fluff up the pillows, hang the towels, and line up the soap just so, day after day. When housekeepers look at the flowers and the grass, however, they're reminded that the manager cares a great deal. Working in a pleasant place helps them care, and makes my stay better.

Room Tip: They've all been recently renovated.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Bill T
szagzoug, Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you so much for your comments about your stay at Red Roof Inn Salem. The recently renovated rooms show the detail we go to satisfy our guests. We listen and act, Salem has just added new desk lamps to all of its rooms for better lighting ( a guest suggestion )We added extra outlets to all the rooms ( another guest suggestion ) The service and quality focus has never been more apparent. We want to be your first choice in lodging ALWAY'S. Thank you once again and I will be sure to show the staff your comments and tell the to keep it up.
Round Rock, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Room was OK but clientele are suspect! Probably about right for the price of this place. Awoken around midnight by fist fight in next room and it continued until about 3 AM when the police finally showed up. Never really did get back to sleep. Upon check out at 6 AM front desk could have cared less and didn't even know they had police on property more than once that night. Pay a few bucks more and get a good nights sleep and feel safe!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Doug B
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I am very sorry about the noise from the other room near you. I ask if you called the front desk to alert them of the situation? I can assure you we care for and take the safety and comfort of our guests very seriously, I will do a complete investigation on this and correct any and all issues that were not handled correctly. I would like for you to contact me so that we may discuss the matter further. I do hope you give Red Roof Inn Salem another try, We work hard to give great service and quality to all of our guests and I feel we let you down on this occasion.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We were greatly welcomed by that staff at the frontdesk with complimentary water (I love free stuff). Rooms were clean, safe was free (as far as I am concerned), only downside was that the bathroom still smelled cigarette. Free coffee in the morning is appreciated and cleaning lady did her job pretty well. For 100$ bucks a night it is a no-brainer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raptor_1986
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We know you have many choices when traveling and hope you choose us every time your in the area. I will share your comments with the staff so we can do a better job in the bathroom and focus on cigarette smell unfortunately some of our guest have smoked in our non smoking rooms. Please come back our friendly staff is waiting to give you great service again!
North Bergen, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel before cause it was cheap. The rooms were really small and although they say the rooms are non smoking they all smell like cigarettes. What bothered me the most of this place was this safe charge that they force on you even though it's an option. They say they have to charge this? The people that work there act like this is standard in every hotel. The place outside is dilapidated and it looks like a dirt bag convention is always in town cause there's always a group of people drinking in the parking lot. Pretty shady place, never again. The GM is clueless and defends his safe charge even at the cost of a customer. Stay away from this place. I got a room at La Quinta across the way for the same price and night and day. I will never stay at a Red Roof inn again cause of this nasty place

Room Tip: There are so many better places right around this are for the same price and they are safer. This p...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Romclrnc
I am very sorry you feel this why about Red Roof Inn Salem after our numerous emails back and forth I feel I have not explained myself clear enough for you. I assure you the safe was never charged to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Park View Inn Inc.
Park View Inn Inc.
#1 of 4 in Salem
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Best Western Merrimack Valley
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
#1 of 1 in Londonderry

Been to Red Roof Inn Salem? Share your experiences!