“Best in the Area”
Review of Red Roof Inn Salem

Red Roof Inn Salem
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn Salem on two different occasions in early June of 2014. We we visiting relatives in the Salem-Methuen area and needed a convenient motel to work out of. The staff at the Red Roof made our stay easy. The buildings themselves are rather old, but the remodeling in the rooms was apparent. They were clean and the appliances all worked well. We nearly exhausted the free coffee in the lobby, but never felt unwelcome going back for one more cup. The desk staff gave good directions for getting around and even provided coupons for dinner at a local establishment. If you are looking for a good room at a moderate cost, this may be the place for you.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have indoor hallways, but you can park just outside your room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you so much for your comments, I will be sure to pass them along to the staff that work so hard to make every guest feel the way you do. We do offer a great value at an easy on the wallet cost. Hope we see you soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed for four nights with our family of four. Everything was satisfactory except we really needed a refrigerator and microwave. Had to pay extra for what I would consider standard for most hotels today. The room was clean and recently remodeled. The decor was tasteful and well designed. The office had complimentary coffee available in the lobby which was outstanding. The hotel is nestled in a wooded area with a brook running alongside one df the building. Lovely property.

Room Tip: Be sure to specify that you want a refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your review we know you have many choices when selecting a hotel, We are happy you and your family choose us. We do offer extra rooms for guests without the option of a MicroFridge , coffee maker iron and ironing board, these rooms are usually selected by guests that don't need or want to pay more for those items. There are many extra value rooms that have these items for a slight upcharge for guests that do want and need them. Thank you for your comments on how nice the property looks We work hard to make it pretty and inviting. Hope you and your family plan many more trips out this way and welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We've been staying at this location (Salem, NH) for some time now, we LOVE it! Stephanie at the front desk is AWESOME; ALWAYS EXTREMELY curtious, helpful & friendly. She makes guests feel welcome & goes above & beyond to do whatever she can to accomadate guests. She's GREAT!! :)

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank liltimmy2

Thank you so much for your review. We take pride in all we do and for our guests to notice and write review such as this one is validation that our hard work is worth it. Red Roof Salem is very lucky to have employees such as Stephanie that delivers great customer satisfaction time and again. The hotel has had many updates and renovations done in the past year with new bedding HD TV package new High Speed WiFi just to name a few. The focus on value to the guests is always our mission and it seems we are getting there. You are welcome back anytime your in the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Recently I stayed at the Red Roof in while in town for business. Upon arrival I was greeted by a few of the numerous people who live at the hotel. One guy was out in front of his room in his boxers talking on the phone, another person with a cat, and then a "neighbor" of mine with a handwritten cardboard Dale Jr. sign in his window.

Once I got into my room things didn't get much better. Although you can tell the rooms were recently "worked" on, the room still stunk like it had been smoked in for years. The fire alarm had tape over it, the fan in the bathroom was hanging from the ceiling, the A/C dripped on the floor, and there was dirt in just about every utility switch you looked at. To me it looked like they had put lipstick on a pig and painted the rooms and added some laminate to the floors.

Although the quality of the hotel itself was pretty poor. I will say the staff was professional and helpful during out interactions.

Unfortunately for the Red Roof Inn, the next time I am in town I will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tunesquad
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

I am sorry your room was not up to our standards. We did recently have a renovation, complete new bedding package including mattresses, Floors and paint. We try or best to inspect every room, we missed the mark in yours. Please give us another try when you are in the area and we will make it up to you. I also want to thank you for commenting on our great staff who would have surly correct the issues had they been alerted to our short fall as far as your room. Please contact me directly so that I may restore your faith in our Red Roof Inn Salem.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The front desk person Stephanie, a smoking enthusiast herself, does her best to make sure that the no smoking policy is not adhered to by guests by not charging them when they light up in the room. You can usually find her puffing away in the office herself. Stay elsewhere. You will not find a smoke-free room on this property. Sad since they recently renovated.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank secretshopper9999
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

I am sorry your visit wasn't what you planned.I thank you for alerting us about smoking in the room, our housekeeping staff should have noticed it and we would have charged the previous guest $200.00 for the violation, and had the room deep cleaned. I will be more on top of that in the future. I need to ask if you let the front desk staff know there was a problem so that we may have moved your room or re-cleaned your room? I ask this only because we would have corrected this as soon as it was brought to the front desks attention. Thank you and I hope you next visit is more pleasant. I see you live local so please give us another try.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Booked room for weekend trip with my family. We rented a suite which was very spacious and fully equipped with microwave and fridge. The inn was recently renovated so the rooms were very immaculate and the hospitality was excellent. Great value. Thanks Stephanie! :)

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quieter and have the best view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you so much for your review!! Stephanie is great at customer service, born to serve. We did just get renovated and we have added new hi speed WIFi FREE, New HD package for our 37" flat screen TV's. Thanks again and see soon and often.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I vacation in New England each year and except for 2013 (surgery/unable to travel), I've stayed at this Red Roof Inn every year since 2006.

Excellent staff who remember me each year I'm their guest, pleasant and efficient housekeeping employees, as well as clean comfortable rooms, are the reasons I keep returning.

Looking forward to seeing you again later this year!

**PLEASE NOTE: required to fill in the "when did you travel" box. But since the last time I stayed was in 2012, and that year is not shown as an option choice, I just picked a random date in 2013.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sandytravelbug
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. When you visit next time you will notice some great changes in Salem Red Roof Inn. We have been renovated, all new bedding, floors, TV's with an amazing HD package. The FREE WiFi has been upgraded for faster service. I will show the lady's and Chris your comments thanks again and see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Park View Inn Inc.
Park View Inn Inc.
#1 of 4 in Salem
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Best Western Merrimack Valley
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
#1 of 1 in Londonderry

Been to Red Roof Inn Salem? Share your experiences!