“Enough to get you buy no more”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Enough to get you buy no more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

I have long been a Hampton Inn fan. I heard La Quinta's are similar so I stayed here for a family funeral since it was close. I know La Quinta is a limited service hotel but they take that to heart here. Much less than a Hampton Inn. The "fitness center" is a treadmill and a bike in a closet sized room. The breakfast has very short hours and in very limited (waffle, cereal, hard boiled eggs, bagels, coffee and juice). They only have one person on duty at the front desk (we stayed Thurs-Sunday) so anytime you call for a wake up call or have questions expect a 10 minute wait. I felt bad for the staff they were defiantly overworked, but still delivered great service with a smile on their face. The location is great. It is right off the interstate and across the street is a Holiday Inn with a great Mexican bar/restaurant. It also sits on a commercial industrial park that has a running track along the road that is great for morning walks/jogs. There is a dunkin doughnuts in walking distance. The hotel is clean and the beds are great. I would stay again in the area for the price!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

Old, needs updating. The breakfast was the worst I've had at a hotel in years. If you're looking for just a cheap hotel, stay here. Even took the coffee, sugar and everything else and put it away after breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Travellers are raving about these Salem hotels

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for 3 nights this past weekend for a wedding. I have to say, I was very impressed by this hotel with it's cleanliness, friendly staff, and spatious and comfortable rooms. I normally stay at Holiday Inn's and Holiday Inn Express' and I even had a reservation at a Holiday Inn Express nearby for the weekend, but my friends and sisters wanted us to stay closer to everyone else, so we cancelled over there and stayed here, much to my dismay at first being a big fan/loyal patron of IHG hotels. That and the Holiday Inn across the street was sold out the nights I needed to stay.
But I have to say, I was in awe. Maria was very friendly and welcoming (We saw her the most this weekend), and the young woman working the desk Monday morning when I came down to get a couple laundry bags (I don't remember her name) was very sweet and very professional and friendly.
We had a smoking room on the fourth floor, with a king bed. The bed, the sheets, and the pillows were all very comfortable. The room was very spacious, and colored right to make you feel welcome and at home. I loved the maid service. Everyday when we would come back, we would have a freshly made bed, clean towels in the bathroom.

The breakfast was good too. Pretty decent selection from waffles, bagels, toast, danishes, cereal, and juice. They did have cream cheese for the bagels, which I loved!
My only complaint with the entire hotel is that I wish the towels weren't so rough!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Somerville, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

This is the worst hotel stay I have ever had. My niece needed a place that would accomodate several out of town family members. She chose La Quinta because of the proximity to her wedding reception. It all started when we first called to book 3 rooms. We had tried numerous times to get through over the phone without luck. We ended up calling back another day and were able to get through. My niece had received a list of all the rooms her guests had reserved and noticed our name was on the list for one room, not three. If she hadn't noticed the mistake, we would have found out when we arrived the day of the wedding that we had no place to stay.

My niece's husband had told everyone staying at La Quinta that he had been told guests would most likely be able to have an early check in. Check in is at 3. The shuttle taking guests from La Quinta to the wedding reception was leaving at 2:45. Without early check in we would have to check into our room after the wedding reception. I called the day before the wedding to see what time we could check in and was told 3. I explained the situation and the extremely impatient and rude receptionist repeated herself that check in was 3, no exceptions. I asked her what out of town guests were supossed to do with their bags and she said "do you think we can hold everyone's bags?" Then proceeded to tell me to leave them in my car.

The end result - we were able to check in early. There was no reason for her to put us through the anxiety of having no where to get ready.
We were disgusted with the conditions of the lobby, rooms, bathrooms, etc. The common areas were dirty with obvious signs of new debris such as dirt, leaves, food. The walls of the room, which are white, had various stains, possibly old food. The bathroom shower curtain had black mold. The door handle in the bathroom was broken and falling off. All 3 rooms (and the whole floor) smelled of smoke.

In short, I would never reccommend this hotel to anyone for any reason with any budget. I am not a person who stays at extravagant hotels by any means. But this "hotel" is a disgrace for many reasons. In contrast, another family member stayed across the street at the Holiday Inn and was extremely satisfied with the staff and cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Molly M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
#2 of 4 in Salem
Park View Inn Inc.
Park View Inn Inc.
#1 of 4 in Salem
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Hampton Inn Haverhill
Hampton Inn Haverhill
#1 of 2 in Haverhill
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
#1 of 1 in Londonderry

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem? Share your experiences!