“Inviting and friendly”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this La Quinta Inn. Upon checking in, we were greeted by the manager who promptly welcomed us and gave us our room card. The room itself smelled like cigarette smoke but was clean and inviting. The carpet in the hallway on the second floor was a little dirty and later on I could smell marijuana in the hall. Someone accused my daughter of smoking because she also smelled smoke. The pool was pretty small and the water was cold. The bed was very comfortable and had nice soft pillows. Everything seemed new on the bed. The furniture was a little dinged up, but acceptable. The breakfast in the morning was good and there was plenty of food at 8:00 AM. Great stay overall.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The La Quinta Inns are usually among my top picks because of their truly pet friendly policy. They aren't the type of hotel that claims to be pet friendly and then charges a $75 "cleaning" fee. I will also say that the front desk personnel was extremely friendly and when I told the employee about my experience, she genuinely seemed concerned and wrote it down to tell her manager, although I never heard from management. My stay was extremely disappointing though, enough to write about it. When entering the room, the first thing my dog went to was the chair because there were three beer bottle caps around it. Then I went to shower, which was a huge issue. The shower curtain was full of mold. The bottle that was on the towel hanging on the bath tub next to the soap ended up not being shampoo but lotion so I had no shampoo to wash my hair. I then reached for a towel and the first one I got was dirty. It was definitely an unacceptable condition for a shower. I'm sad to say, but I'm definitely crossing off this LaQuinta off the list and maybe all in the future because I spent money on something that should have never cost that much.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a friend's wedding. We should have booked at the Holiday Inn across the street instead. The bathroom was not clean, the shower curtain had copious amounts of mold on it, and there was a very strong smell of smoke that would come and go. The sheets had holes in them, and the walls are terribly thin.
When my boyfriend wanted to use the iron to press his shirt, the ironing broad was covered with a sticky blackish substance, which was also burned on the plate of the iron. I asked for extra towels in the first morning before the cleaning people came in, and by the time we returned (with a clean room) they took the extra towels back.
The free "breakfast" was a joke and the counters were not wiped down until breakfast was over.

Smelly, dirty, sticky, disgusting, with thin walls. I will never return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Can H
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hotel was clean and staff was very friendly. The outdoor pool was kind of small and we had to go to the desk to get towels to use due no towels out by the pool. Breakfast was good. Kids enjoyed making waffles.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family stayed one night. We were greeted very nicely by the front desk staff. When we entered the room, the room smelled of smoke. The room was dusty, paint was peeling, there was no ironing board, the sheets were ripped and the bathroom door would not shut. Tried to have breakfast but there was no place to sit. Would I stay again, probably not.

1  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 29 July 2014

For the price, its was ok there was some things i didn't like the carpet was wet by the air conditioner and the room smell i call down to tell them but the hotel was sold out they said they would check it out the next day but i don't think they did ,the smell was gone and the bath room i didn't like because it had wood on the floor very nasty i had everybody wear their socks or shoes the whole time while walking around. the pool we didn't like its was out to far from the hotel where the trees block it so no sun shine on it very cold plus bugs and ants wouldn't leave us alone my 7 year old wasn't happy so will make sure the next hotel we stay has indoor pool. but one good thing the beds very comfortable. when we go back we will stay somewhere else well paid the extra money

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CHERYL H
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We go to Salem all the time but this time we took our grandsons for 3 days away. Of course we know the area amd we enjoyed the pool and resaurants just like we were miles away from this town. We live only 40 min away!the Weathervane served great lobsters and a place called Sammy's diner just down the road great full hot breakfast. Nice crew. If you cant get far this summer try going here, you will think your in another area of the USA. Go & enjoy :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
#2 of 4 in Salem
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
Park View Inn Inc.
Park View Inn Inc.
#1 of 4 in Salem
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Hampton Inn Haverhill
Hampton Inn Haverhill
#1 of 2 in Haverhill
Best Western Merrimack Valley

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem? Share your experiences!