All reviewsnew hampshiremy wife and idining roombed and breakfastprime ribat homefirst floornext morninggreat foodhomemade cookiesliving sociallook forwardlarge picturebreakfast was deliciousget awayculinary experienceomelet
Reviewed 8 October 2011

As my wife and I entered and saw our room (the least expensive offered) we looked at each other and said, "This is not the Hampton Inn." And it wasn't. We had stayed 5 days at a Hampton Inn and found it very nice. The Wakefield Inn is NOT a Hampton Inn and doesn't try to be. But it was a pleasant surprise and we are so glad we stayed there. The breakfasts (2 days) were very good and the dinner I helped prepare with Chef Janel was really fun and educational and, if I say so myself, very, very good. Give this place and the hosts a chance and you will be glad you did. Jim (and Barb)

Room Tip: I have no idea what the other rooms were like, but our bathroom was quite small, but clean and adequate. If we come back, and we surely might, we will opt for another room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Wakefield Inn to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and we had a wonderful time. We had massages in our room (Dave is excellent!), and thoroughly enjoyed the cooking class with Janel, who is friendly and fun to chat with. I now know how to make duck that isn't overly greasy, and enjoyed our dinner immensely. We spent the evening after the cooking class chatting with another couple staying there in the dining room.

The inn is beautiful, and the grounds doubly so. It was rainy while we were there, but we did get a chance to wander out into the yard, which has a garden and a koi pond.

The Wakefield Inn was a wonderful base for visiting our favorite places. The Yankee Smokehouse in West Ossippee is about a half hour away, North Conway about an hour, Laconia (Fun Spot and Keller Haus!) also about an hour. We also discovered Wolfeboro, which is very cute.

All in all, we had a fantastic time and will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: The David Copp room was very, very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2011

A charming surprise. While at first glance it is a little dissapointing, as it is in a sleepy village with nothing around, it proved to be warm and charming, and we recommend it to anyone looking for confort, rest and relaxation! The breakfast was absolutely first rate.

Jacques

Reviewed 22 September 2011

What a treat this place was. My wife and I went up here for a few days after our wedding to relax and it turned out to be such a pleasant and clean place with reasonable prices. Janel & Gretchen make sure you are taken care of with the food and amenities. The cooking class with the Chef and Owner Janel was AMAZING and so much fun. The messages in our rooms were perfect and the breakfast in bed really was the cherry on top. It's 15 minutes to Wolfeboro and right off Rt. 16. Easy access to all eastern New Hampshire sites. It's also less then 30 mins to the Castle in the Clouds which is a much see.

Room Tip: Sanborn Room is the best room to stay in. It's huge, private bathroom, bathrobes and fireplace.
Reviewed 19 September 2011

A charming historic home in the sleepy hamlet of Wakefield. Beautiful grounds and an Inn that should not be missed. The Inn is run by a chef and the food is wonderful. Every breakfast was a treat including items such as peach scones and omlets stuff with tomatoes. The rooms were appointed with lovely linens and the furnishings fit the period of the house. It is near the lake district with many outdoor activities. A definite find!