“Never ever again”

Hampshire Inn Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Seabrook
“Never ever again”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hotel staff unfriendly unprofessional. Tried to call to make reservations and put on hold 15 minutes til I hung up and booked thru hotels.com. gair dryer broken. Front door death trap. Wouldn't hardly open a child would die.couldn't get extra towel to shower. Breakfast ran out early. Horrible sleep. Never again.

2 Thank kalicogurl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Seabrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stay there all the time with my children love the breakfast the comfortable rooms pool arcade room for the kids and how close it is to every place I need I can't ask for a better hotel to stay in and the rates are reasonable THUMBS UP!!!!!

Colchester, Vermont
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were extremely disappointed in this establishment. We booked far in advance (January for a July vacation). Wow. What a let down. The first night as we set up the fold out couch we found the sheet had blood stains on it. The staff was appalled as we were. Things did not get any better. The following morning we gave the front desk a list of problems (the shower was too hot, the bathroom sink did not drain, the air conditioner was leaking and the cable was not working in the bedroom). These complaints were then given every morning after. We were told that the maintenance man did not see any problems. Probably because he was too busy taking another cigarette break.

There were 7 of us total in the "presidential suite". Each day housekeeping left only two towels and we had to ask for more. The showers curtain had mildew growing on the bottom, there was large spiderwebs in the corner, and a layer of dust on the front and back on the tv.

The brand new pool also was shut down for the last two night of our stay. The chlorine levels were so high your eyes burned just being in the room.

We will never stay here again and suggest you don't either.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Erikka Y

Travellers are raving about these Seabrook hotels

Lakeport, California
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was tired and needed a place to stay before flying out of Boston the following morning. Best Western's are kinda hit or miss, but usually pretty good. They gave me about as good a rate as they have (about $100, but still too much). The hotel is rundown and shabby. The bed just gave way when I sat on the edge—completely worn out, like a giant fat guy slept on it for years. Then, when I went to use the bathroom there was fecal matter on the toilet bowl. No, I am not kidding.

I checked for bedbugs for the first time in my life. Decided there weren't any and went to sleep. I did have to sleep on the other side of the bed and crosswise to not fall into the "hole". If you are looking for a bright side the room was big with a sofa on one side, but I was afraid to sit on anything. . . Oh, one more thing. The A/C was blowing cold. When I turned it a couple degrees warmer it stopped functioning. How in the world this hotel gets any good ratings is beyond me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Springfield, MA
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was disappointed that the pool and spa were unavailable. Gentleman at the desk barely looked up while checking in. The staff that was around while we were having breakfast all seemed to have scowls on their faces. Generally not a friendly atmosphere.

3 Thank lacowan73
Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Okay, so I paid only$87 (AAA rate) for a room. Positives: the bed was comfortable, the staff was terrific and dealt with my requests cheerfully, the room was large with a microwave, fridge, sofa and desk, the room was blissfully quiet on the top (second) floor at the end of a hall, facing away from the highway, and everything was in working order. The free breakfast was okay, with egg, cheese, bacon biscuits for reheating and the usual other sugary pastries and white bread stuffs. Negatives: flimsy, loose-weave curtains that kept out NO light and barely provided privacy from the backyards the room faced. I put the bedspread over one window, but the other remained bright, bright, bright. Inexplicably, no blanket on the bed and no hair dryer. Staff gave me a blanket, and let me use a wall hairdryer in an unoccupied room ("some rooms don't have them because people rip them off the wall" I was told). All in all, a very good deal if one isn't too picky.

Room Tip: Second floor away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We spent quite a few days here while relocating to the area. The room is large and clean. The staff is friendly and it has a decent breakfast bar. The pool is currently unavailable but that is not important for us. Also the Internet went down for us for a while, but when I complained to the front desk, they took care of it

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook
#5 of 41 in Hampton
Fairfield Inn Amesbury
Fairfield Inn Amesbury
#2 of 2 in Amesbury

Been to Hampshire Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!