“Childhood memories!”

Brown's Seabrook Lobster Pound
Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Seabrook
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Childhood memories!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Ordered the scallop & haddock plate. The haddock a a bit watery. Scallops were very good. Service was ok.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank DanielleB50401

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Always an Excellent Choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I've been coming to Brown's since I was a kid. We used to go to the one across the street, but once we had a taste of those sweet scallops at Brown's we were hooked! I've never had a bad meal here and the consistency is outstanding! I love their lobster bisque and they're fried shrimp and scallop plate is a favorite. You can bring your own alcohol which is nice and in the summer you can eat out on their deck overlooking the marsh. Great seafood and a great no frills atmosphere!

• Visited February 2014
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“better than markey's across the street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We have been to brown's several times as a matter of fact we go several times a year and although it is not a fancy place, you won't find fresher fish anywhere. You can bring your own beer and wine although they frown on bringing in other drinks. You go barefoot at your own risk. You can book parties and we love it up there. We make a day of it. We tour hampton beach see if there is anything changed up there ( when we go in Jan) and have a great time. Highly recommend

• Visited October 2013
Nashua, New Hampshire
“It lived up to the hype”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have been hearing about Brown's forever. Today we tried it and we were not dissapointed. My husband and I split the seafood platter, we added a side order of fried fish to it - so we would both have a serving of the fish. It has fries, 2 pieces of fried lobster, 2 fried shrimp, 6 fried scallops, 1 portion of fish (hence the add on) and 10 clams. It also comes with coleslaw. We also ordered clam chowder.

The coleslaw was good, you can really taste the vinegar and you can also tell they use sugar. It was a bit too watery for my liking. The chowder was good, same issue as the slaw, a bit too watery - I like it when it is thicker.

The fried scallops were excellent - I think the best I have had. The shrimp and fish were great and the clams were good too. The clams were whole belly (I like strips) and they will not put strips on "meal" - only as a side order. The lobster was excellent - although I will never order fried lobster again - it just takes away from the taste of it. It is better when not fried.

Daughter had chicken strips - they were average.

I would say it is worth the trip, we really enjoyed our meal. Be aware it is BYOB and CASH ONLY. There is an ATM in the restaurant with a $2.50 fee .

Next time we will bring in beer or a bottle of wine.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank NHmama23
Enfield, Connecticut
“Average seafood for a long ride”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We drove almost 3 hours to eat at Brown's and Markey's. We saw a show on tv comparing the two restaurants and decided we needed try them for ourselves. Tonight, we ate at Brown's. We ordered lobster rolls, whole belly clams and lobster bisque. The clams were a bit gritty but otherwise good. The bisque was quite good but not overly hot. The lobster rolls were disappointing. They are small and mayonnaise based. We found them lacking in flavor. We get better lobster rolls in Connecticut but the clams were excellent. Service was good. Menu a little pricey for the ride. We can get equally as good seafood in Connecticut.

• Visited November 2013