Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Seabrook
Reviewed 21 December 2008

This hotel is rather new, I think about a year or abit more. We stayed there one night Monday Dec. 15-16th during power outage in NH. It was a very clean hotel, front desk staff were pleasant during check in. We stayed on the 3rd floor 309 (two double beds). They also had a flat screen tv as well as a microwave and small refrigerator (which is nice when you have kids). The linen was nice and soft and had a fresh clean smell and the beds were comfy....we liked that the beds had two pillows for each headspace , one was marked firm and one was marked soft....that was a nice touch.

The bathroom was nice and clean but I especially liked how soft the face clothes and towels were (sometimes in hotels their towels, face clothes are so stiff and scratchy....so that was another nice surprise). To be honest we only stayed one night and it was a big difference from the hotel we stayed at before we got to this one, which was not a very nice experience at all.

They had a continental breakfast in the morning that was included in the fee which we took advantage of. It was in a closed off room next to the lobby, a nice comfortable space with tables and tv. Kids loved it , I had oatmeal and coffee. There was two girls that kept stocking the food as it got low as people came in the room (they were booked because of the outages).

As far as using the hotel again (we would if we needed a place close to our house) but we would have no problems recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank NHmajik

Reviewed 6 October 2008

My husband and I had to stay there for 1 night only for a family function. It was absolutely wonderful. When we got there I explained that my daughter was unable to come with us. They switched us to a King from 2 doubles, no problem. Very clean, the flat screen was nice! There's plenty of places to eat right in the area. we didn't get to use the pool but it was nice.
We went down to breakfast about 9:15. I had read some reviews about the food so was ready for the worst. They had everything fully stocked, just bringing out more eggs when we got there.
Plenty to choose from and the girl kept bringing out anything that emptied. Seems maybe the problems they might have had are no longer an issue. I'd love to stay there again if we ever have to head up that way.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lemonsmom
Reviewed 5 August 2008

There was never any food.. hot or otherwise left in the breakfast bar 90 minutes before it was due to close, any morning of our week long stay. When I told the attendant that there was no milk, and all the juices were putting out water...she said "I am working on it.' I got the kids cold cereal and used a milk from our day cooler. When we left the 'breakfast room' for the beach 45 minutes later.. not a single food item had come out. no milk or juice had been replaced. We tried every morning but ended up driving through someplace for food on our way out for the day.

The kids like the hotel pool though its very small. Location to the ocean and movies and restaurants is excellent.

The rooms are typical of a good hotel, but attention to detail wasn't the best... fridge in the room had moldy ice cubes in it....obviously not cleaned since the last customer. Trash cans were not emptied and bed was not made fully.. the top cover was pulled up but the bed wasn't straightend and the sheets were crumpled up as the kids had left them.

I would stay again but only if I paid half the price.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 20 May 2008

My wife and I stayed here for one night while passing through New England on a mini-getaway. We'd never been to NH or Maine and wanted to explore the area a bit. After the high reviews of this hotel, we decided to stay here, although it was an hour away from our whale watching tour taking place the next afternoon in Gloucester, Mass.

One of the better HI X hotels I've stayed in. The room was modern, clean and comfortable. The flat-panel TV was a nice touch and we were upgraded to a jacuzzi suite based on my Platinum status with IC Hotels.

We never ended up using the in-room jacuzzi tub (it wasn't that special--a standard-sized tub with jacuzzi jets, as we spent a lot of time in their indoor pool and hot tub. Both were really nice.

The staff was pretty good...Helpful and friendly, although the young girl working the breakfast bar was NOT on the ball. We walked in and there was pretty much NOTHING left...I had to go back into her room where she was standing and doing nothing...I had to pretty much bargain with her to put out some food...Despite us being there an hour before breakfast was scheduled to end and not more than a few people in the breakfast room. She wasn't very friendly, which was atypical of everyone else at this hotel and the entire area for that matter.

But we didn't let one bad apple ruin what was otherwise a great experience! We'd surely stay here again if we come back to the area again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichWorldTraveler
Reviewed 26 November 2007

Spent the Thanksgiving holiday (3 nights) at this HI Express.
We booked it based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor. It was such a great place to stay. The property is clearly very new with some lovely ammenities ( good bedding, toiletries, windows that open, flat screen TV, coffee maker, microwave and small fridge) Loved the pillows which had the words "Firm" and "Soft" embroidered on the cases. Complimentary Continental breakfast included something for everyone and a nice eating area. Desk folks and chambermaids were friendly and helpful.
Didn't have a chance to check out the pool area. I'll stay again!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aileuron
Reviewed 3 October 2007

My Boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel while vacationing in New England and we loved it! It is brand new! Good Location, just off the road with lots of parking available. The beds are extremely comfortable. WE really enjoyed the HDTV. Lots of bathroom and room space. Pool area was also very clean and nice. INternet available and convenient. WE enjoyed the continental breakfast before heading off to the NAscar race. Staff very helpful and friendly. CLose to everything in town. I would highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Coralicious
Reviewed 19 September 2007

My stay was excellent. The staff were friendly and the room perfect. The HDTVs were also a blast! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank tallg2425
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
4 mi away
Ashworth by the Sea
#5 of 41 in Hampton
Hampshire Inn Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook? Share your experiences!