“camped 8-24-14 and liked it”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelburne
Timberland Campground
“camped 8-24-14 and liked it”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family has never been camping before. I however have camped as a kid and an adult and have camped on trails, independent places, KOA's and Thousand Oaks campgrounds.

Timberland Campground was a great experience. We arrived around 3pm on Friday and stayed in the sites across from the playground. Our hosts were friendly and everything was clean. No trash in the campsites, no leftover ash in our fire pit and the bathrooms were spotless. The place was opened in 1971 so it has that old NH charm but it's been kept up nicely.

More importantly my family had a great time. We played, swam and hiked in the site. We took advantage of the hiking and proximity to Lincoln. Every night at 6:30 they offer a ride on their antique (1980) firetruck free of charge. EPIC. Movie night at 8. Campfires. It was everything I had hoped my new to camping family would experience.

The camp is off a busy road. Friday was louder than Saturday or Sunday. The train came through in the middle of the night too on Friday. That said, we camped in a tent and slept great. My kids slept through everything. My only complaint overnight was my own doing. The air mattress had a slow leak and I woke every three hours to pump it back up. I fixed my issue and slept solid Saturday.

we stayed in campsite 11 for reference. We would go back happily.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Timberland_NH, Owner at Timberland Campground, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hi Bill, thanks for taking the time to write a review about your families camping experience. We hope you come to visit again in the future! Remember we have some cute little cabins that will get you up off that ground, then you can really sleep soundly ;) Take care and we hope this is a family tradition that lasts a life time time for you all!

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
boston
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed for 2 nights this past weekend. Apparently it was ATV weekend and we were told at check-in that there was large group of guys staying near the site assigned to us. We were given the option of moving to what might be a quieter spot (From site 92 to 4). My 6 year old is the one who decided to move because 4 was closer to the playground! Really apprecited the heads up and the option to switch.

There was a movie at the community fire pit on Friday night, Rio 2, which we watched a little bit of. Bathrooms were clean and showers were hot and .25/10 minutes.

We will be back with the rest of the family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank patkatmom
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our campground! We try so hard to make sure we accommodate everyone's needs the best we can, glad it worked out for you!
We hope you visit us again in the future!
Georgetown, KY
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I looked Timberland up online for rustic cabins. We had never visited New Hampshire before and wanted to be close to Mt. Washington. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience. We took two 6 year olds and a 2 year old camping for two nights and it was fantastic. My only regret is that we didn't stay the whole week. The showers were clean. The nightly firetruck rides for the kids were so much fun. We loved playing in the crystal clear river behind the campground. Our favorite part was our amazing little cabin. So clean and well maintained. Loved this place! The owners definitely take pride in taking care of the campers.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Thousek
Timberland_NH, Owner at Timberland Campground, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in one of our cabins! As campers ourselves we know what WE
like to see in a campground so we really work hard to make sure our guests get the experience of the White Mountains as well as a fun, relaxing clean environment to help them enjoy their vacation! Thank you for taking the time out to write your review, it is really appreciated! We hope we see you again someday.
Summerland Key, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed for 4 nights in a travel trailer. Dave & Laurie are great host/owners; full of lots of information, suggestions & very friendly. They were very visible & working all over the campground the whole time we were there. The train did run through the back of the campground at a lower elevation directly behind our site & it really wasn't an issue. I saw complaints about it in a tent, but in our camper it was a non issue. There's a lovely walking path across the tracks along the river in the woods & a field that we enjoyed. Our site was a good size & peaceful for the first 3 days (T-Th) then it filled up for the weekend on Friday. My only issue was the group that came in right next to us on Fri had a truck camper, a tent, a cabana, at least 6 adults & 6 children. They were sardined into a site, in my opinion, that wasn't large enough. A woman was literally sitting in a chair inches beside our electric & sewer connections with a young girl playing next to it. I closed all the shades in our trailer on that side because it felt like they where inches from our windows. Just the shear number of people talking over each other & laughing was too loud. To their credit, at 930 pm all the noise stopped & all was quiet. I still give them 5 stars because I believe it might have been an isolated incident & it didn't reflect on the quality of the campground. The laundry/rec room was nicely kept & roomy with plenty of good quality machines. Pool was well maintained & they had an early model fire engine that they gave kids (and adults if you wanted) a ride every evening around 6:30. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Debbie B
Hello Debbie and thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are glad you enjoyed yourselves and I think I know exactly the group you mention. They actually booked several sites plus 2 cabins so there was a large group of people; and of course they all had to congregate together; and they did choose one site to make their home base. We do not allow more than 4 people to reserve a site, but when you get a situation like this it is hard to tell them they can't all sit together. Thanks for your understanding. Hope we see you again!
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We've been seasonal at a few other campgrounds, but this one is by far the best we've ever stayed at! Dave and Laurie are always hard at work insuring that everyone who stays has a great experience! The facilities are spotless and well kept, the sites are easy to maneuver, even with a 40 foot bus with a tagalong. They made sure that we were able to set up quickly and safely. For a busy campground, it's extremely quiet (I've read the other reviews complaining about noise, but it's hardly intrusive. The train runs about once a night, and it's kind of nostalgic). The play area is very popular, but the nightly firetruck rides are a kids favorite memory in the making. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you are tent camping, book in advance and choose a site away from the road. Close to the Appalach...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jamesmech
Timberland_NH, Owner at Timberland Campground, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for taking time out to write a review about your visit! We love what we do and have the best guests around; thanks again; hope we see you again!
Dave & Laurie
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed two nights here. We had a pull through site and it was a nice size with good separation between the sites. The people running it were very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms were well maintained. They have pay showers, but it's only a quarter. I was able to take my whole shower for one quarter and my wife was able to take care of herself and our two daughters for 50 cents, so it's not a big deal. It rained most of the time we were there and it was chilly, so we didn't spend much time around the campground. They do have a small pool, but we didn't use it. Our kids played on the playground a bit. We stayed here so we could drive up Mount Washington. It's only about a 15 minute drive from the campground. We also went out in the evenings to look for moose. We didn't see any the first night heading towards mount Washington. The second night we went north near Berlin and saw 4. It was pretty cool. The mosquitoes were really bad while we were there, not that there's anything they can do about that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brent_LS
Hello, we are glad you had a nice stay and that you were able to see moose while you were here! They are amazing creatures. Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about your stay with us; it is certainly appreciated! Take care and we hope you visit again in the future.
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Called in to book for two nights. Person who answered was very friendly and answered all my questions so that I knew exactly what to expect.

We were going to be a tad late, so we called in ahead of time (office closes at 8:30) and they arranged an envelope within: all the details and my site number, highlighted the route on a campsite map and the receipt.

Staff seemed to love what they do because they have a great customer service. Smiles abound. They are ready to solve any problems one may have.

Showers are $0.25 for 10 minutes. They were clean when we got there.

The ONLY inconvenience is the train tracks that come close to the campsite. When we were there it passed at awkward times (11PM and 1AM as I recall). The staff warned us ahead of time, so they did what they had to do. And it's not like they can control that!

Overall, GREAT !!! I absolutely recommend !!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dereck D
Derek, Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the White Mountains. We appreciate that you wrote a review as it truly helps other campers make their decision where to camp. We hope we see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Royalty Inn
Holidae House Bed & Breakfast
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Timberland Campground? Share your experiences!