“True love in the North Country”
Review of Philbrook Farm Inn

Philbrook Farm Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelburne
Philbrook Farm Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Shelburne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 June 2008

A pure pleasure, low key, with North Country theme and history exuding from every quality of this place. Relaxed, not stuffily proper, but very real with truly wonderful, responsive hosts. This is a family business and one feels very much a part.

An excellent place from which to canoe the Androscoggin, hike tributaries to the White Mountains, the Appalachian Trail, and quick access to Mt. Washington, Gorham, Bethen, Maine.

Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank athodyd

Reviewed 7 December 2007

I stayed at the Inn back in October to do some hiking in Franconia Notch and cannot say enough good things about it. The meals were not only delicious, but fun in that you sit and dine w/ the other guests. You truly get to know everyone staying on the property, plus the friendly, but unobtrusive staff. The property is enormous and each time I set off for a hike, the innkeeper's dog was immediately by my side, happy to go along with me. There are countless games and puzzles, plus hundreds of well-worn books in the library. While at the inn, I met several people who had been visiting for decades. I hope to follow in their footsteps.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank CaliforniaTim
Reviewed 9 August 2004

The Philbrook Farm Inn. This is an Inn more then a farm. It was a farm about a hundred years ago. It has been owned by the same family since the 1850's.
The rate is from $99 to $150 . We paid $148 for a twin room and the bathroom is down the hall. But that included tax, tip (15 % which is mandatory ) dinner and breakfast.
This is one of the hotels you will remember. The main people who stay here are return guest and people like us who just fine them along the road.
This is a big old Inn. Nothing fancy, but clean. Has a number of big porches with rocking chairs overlooking a huge piece of land down to the river. It is about a mile and a half off the main freeway on an old country road.
The rooms are nice and clean but again nothing fancy. Forget a phone or TV's in the room. A t.v. is down in the lounge are for guest. You might even think this place might be haunted by the looks of it but that I think is it's charm.
B.Y.O.B . It is great to bring a bottle of wine and sit on the porch at night and watch the fireflies. Very quiet. The closest town is about 12 minutes away. The breakfast and dinner is fine but changes everyday. There is not much to do here just read a good book, take a long walk, swim at their pool, or spend time with a friend. I think this is a real find for someone who likes unusual hotels like I do. I like the place however the person I went felt funny being there. I would have stayed for a couple more days but we moved on the next day.

7  Thank khneely

Been to Philbrook Farm Inn? Share your experiences!