“Wonderful stay for my husband's 50th”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelburne
Mt. Washington Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Shelburne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I surprised my husband with a weekend getaway from our 3 kids (4th already on the way) as I knew we wouldn't have a chance anytime soon. I read the reviews for the Mt. Wash. B&B and made our reservation without hesitation. We were not disappointed! In fact, it was the perfect stay. We had plenty of privacy (we were mid-week in March and the only ones there- not surprising) and had all the attention with none of the feeling of being watched. Mary Ann was warm and inviting and we felt like family in no time. The room was clean and spacious- we had the suite- and very comfortable. The whirlpool tub was a fun addition, too. We hiked a bit of the Appalachian Trail before heading off to a lovely meal at Saalt Pub (delicious!) and ended the night back at the B&B where we enjoyed a quiet evening together. This review is 7 months late but it was just last night that my husband and I were reminiscing about how wonderful it all was. Thanks, Mary Ann!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mt. Washington Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights in a wonderful suite with a whirlpool tub. Very nice. Mary Ann was so friendly and informative. Plus, she made wonderful breakfasts and treats! Best place we stayed in in our New Engand trip. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The weather was perfect, the foliage was just about at peak, and our hostess, Mary Ann, could not have been more friendly, helpful, and just a joy to talk with while eating her deliciously prepared breakfast. Since our room was not a suite and did not have a DVD player, she let us use the DVD player in the suite next to our room which happened to be unoccupied the first night of our stay. She even offered to let us stay in one of the empty suites but we did like the room we did stay in which was the Chickadee Room. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay at the Mt. Washington B&B and would recommend it to anyone looking for a B&B close to many of the attractions in the White Mountain area.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We had 3 nights staying with Mary Ann .Our room was spacious,comfortable and quiet.Breakfast was quite different every morning and had we been fussy eaters that would not have been a problem.MaryAnn was a warm and friendly host and made our stay very enjoyable.There was a comfy lounge for guest use and ample provision of information and books.We had excellent meals out at the places Mary Ann recommended.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This B&B was booked weeks in advance, we even had the chance of liking on Facebook and following the daily events at the B&B. Our stay was 2 nights and was very nice. The home is a little older and could use some minor cosmetic and possible deeper work, although this is critical from a guy's viewpoint. Mary Ann was a wonderful, very attentive innkeeper. Our room named the Goldfinch was nice, very clean, and pleasant. I must say breakfast were scrumptious, pear compote in the morning as a starter was great. The best part is I don't like pears and with Mary Ann's compote I have been converted. Watching the humming birds flitting around the feeders was a nice treat. Being a dog person it was so much fun to meet Daisy, the dog/puppy, I had a blast with all her enthusiasm and playfulness. This place comes highly recommended by both my wife and I. Oh, and the suggestions Mary Ann made for places to eat were top notch!! I had the best pizza I have had in years in the town of Gorham!!!

Room Tip: Because I am partially handicapped we choose the Goldfinch room, only had a few steps to enter the i...
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Last spring we were traveling around New England and stayed at several B & B's. We only had a short time to experience the Mt. Washington area. Mary Ann was very pleasant and helped us make the most of our time. She gave us advice on a fun waterfall tour. We took the Cog Train to the top of the mountain and visited an old friend's ancestral home.
The Inn is an old boarding house along the highway. Very historic. The rooms were large and comfortable and the aging of the years made the facility unique and memorable. Mary Ann is a wonderful cook and our breakfasts were delicious. She also gave us advice for restaurants in the area for dinners. Visiting with her dad and talking baseball was fun along with petting her new puppy.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs all the way at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We spent two nights here while exploring the area. The B & B is an old, circa 1800s building and is full of charm and details of that era. We were welcomed warmly by Mary Ann and made to feel at home right away. Our room (Goldfinch) was large, inviting, clean, quiet, and very comfortable (one of the best beds we slept in during the whole vacation!). Breakfasts were amazing and Mary Ann is an excellent cook and can also cater to special needs (such as low-fat turkey bacon).

We enjoyed watching the birds, sitting on the porch and viewing the surrounding mountains, and meeting Daisy. Mary Ann also provided excellent suggestions on things to see and places to eat. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and highly recommend this B & B.

Room Tip: Goldfinch room good for a limited-mobility access person.
1  Thank MaggieMe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Mt Madison Inn & Suites
#1 of 7 in Gorham
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to Mt. Washington Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!