Open today: 09:30 - 16:30
Review Highlights
Small Shop With Great Cheese

We were served some remarkable, creamy cheddar cheese at a wine tasting. When we asked about it, we... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
maryannel686
Orlando, Florida
via mobile
Country Charm & Cheese Please!

This rustic back roads country store is a must see! Get a free sampling of wonderful aged cheeses... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
dc4theocracy
Greenville, Georgia
via mobile

All reviews great cheese smoked cheddar cheese shop small store maple syrup free samples cash or check aged cheese pancakes new hampshire small family small country worth a stop cheese sampler for sale bring home post office
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Harman's is the best for cheese, handmade soaps, crackers, nightshirts and so much more! The service is excellent!

HarmansCheese, Owner at Harman's Cheese & Country Store, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

We think our employees are pretty special and all of them continue Mr. Harman's tradition of putting customer service first! Thanks for noticing and hope you are able to stop in again.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Harmons is a small country store that specializes on ageing ots own cheese. The stuff is wonderful. We use it for gifts to friends we visit. I know there is no re- gifting, because usually they oprn it up and we all devour it.

Thanks for your kind review. You also picked the time of the year that we offer the extra-aged Cheddar (3 year) because we keep a few extra blocks aging in the cooler and pull them out at special times to go along with our regular Cheddar that is always two-years aged.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Which is a shame! Fun place to poke around... You feel like you stepped back in time. And the aged cheeses are delicious! I lucked into a fall festival at the same time which added to the pleasure of the detour to visit Harman's

Glad you were able to stop in and enjoyed the visit. The two Festival weekends that we host are a special time to visit Sugar Hill. We have one in June and another at the end of September.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Not to be missed when in the area. I visited for the first time this weekend after meeting friends at Polly's. I was happy to hear of a place to visit in the area and made my way down the road. The store is small with cheese samples greeting you when you walk in. They had local apples which caught my eye right away. Many locally made products from the area are offered here and what better place to check them out. Bring cash or your checkbook. I didn't have either on me but was able to mail a check! Clerk wrote up a slip for me and gave me an addressed envelope. I was happy to be able to get those delicious looking apples and the sage cheese. I added in the really aged cheddar too. Cheese is wrapped in newspaper which makes unwrapping the cheese later on like a present.

Stop by for some cheddar cheese samples. Really aged cheddar, smoked cheddar, sage, and horseradish. Samples of butters and toppings too.

Thank you Harman's, my check is in the mail.

1  Thank Stephanie D
HarmansCheese, Owner at Harman's Cheese & Country Store, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Glad you stopped in to see us and enjoyed the visit. We are happy to have fresh apples from Windy Ridge in North Haverhill and Apple Hill Farm in Concord to go with our Cheddar Cheese during Autumn foliage. Thanks again for your very kind words.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Set inside an inviting porch-front building, this small family-owned store in "beautiful downtown" Sugar Hill, is renown for its wonderful premium aged cheddar and other cheeses. You'll also find this shop packed with real local maple syrup (of course!) and a variety of local and regional candies, jellies, soups, and much more...even Moxie jelly! Hey, remember Moxie? And the folks behind the counter couldn't be nicer or more helpful.

I defy you to walk out of this store empty-handed!

Now, after you've visited Harman's, drive east to the Sugar Hill Sampler's barn at the crest of the hill, and then down to Polly's Pancake Parlor...

HarmansCheese, Owner at Harman's Cheese & Country Store, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you . . . you wrote such a glowing review that we are blushing a bit. We hope you will return again - Sugar Hill is beautiful in Autumn, Winter, Summer, and Spring (Lupines blooming). Mud season & Black fly season aren't great but they don't last long.