“A real NH original!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
White Mountains NH
“A real NH original!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

OK, I'm a local, so I look at more touristy places around these parts with a bit of a critical eye. I've been to Polly's about 4-5 times now, and I have never been disappointed. It's located on a scenic back road in Sugar Hill which is a town rich in history and scenic beauty. This place has been around since the late 30's if I remember correctly, so they do know their craft. The pancakes are all made from scratch and you can choose from flavors such as oatmeal, whole wheat, gingerbread, buckwheat, blueberry and plain. The servers actually make the pancakes themselves which is very unique. They also do waffles and other breakfast dishes, but the pancakes are what they're famous for. The wait on weekends is long, but they do encourage people to call ahead (as much as an hour) to avoid waiting. It is not uncommon for small parties to be seated at a table with other diners. This has never been a problem for me and in fact it can even enhance your experience there. Polly's is a real NH original that should not be missed if you're in the area and are in the mood for a hearty breakfast.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Vermont
“Just as good as when I was a kid”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

You know when you have a memory of a place and you wonder if you have rosy-colored glasses on for that memory? Well, not the case here. I had the pancake variety platter..coconut, buttermilk blueberry, etc., with all the famous house-made maple spreads. It tasted just as delicious as when I was a kid. And, no sugar crash. I attribute that to the freshest ingredients. Plus a beautiful view of the Sugar Hill region to boot. Yes, Gatsby, you can re-create the past!

Miami, Florida
“Fantastic breakfast!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

On the recommendation of a person in the know we arrived a little before 8 a.m. The restaurant was not crowded, mostly locals that early, and we were seated and waited on immediately. Our eggs and bacon arrived hot and perfectly cooked. Our pancakes were to say the least incredibly wonderful. You can order from 5 different types of batter and a variety of add-ins (blueberries, chocolate chips, nuts etc). We kept it simple - plain and blueberry with regular batter. We ended up ordering more they were so good!!! They provide you with maple cream (maple butter where I come from), maple syrup, and maple sugar for your coffee or tea. The business is family owned (four generations currently working there) and they really care about the product they serve. Our waitress was delightful and made sure that we never lacked for anything. I have eaten at many places all over this country and others and can honestly say that this was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. I can't wait to return to have more of their wonderful food!!! BTW, the views of the White Mountains from the dining room are fantastic.

Lebanon, New Hampshire
“Surprisingly Disappointing”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our breakfast/brunch meals at Polly's were a mix of good and bad. First the good - real New Hampshire style, nice view out the windows and a sense of history and tradition. Some of the food was good, while some was, at best, fair. First the good . . the two omelettes ordered were tasty and winners. And, the chicken/cranberry wrap was excellent. Now the not so good . . the pancakes were just awful - flat, dry and tasteless. They did not look at all like those presented on the website. The side of sausage was thin, overcooked, dry and also tasteless. Given that this is a pancake house, one would expect GREAT pancakes and GOOD sausage? Finally, the regular coffee was good, but the decaf was poor. In this day and age, there's no excuse for anything less than very good coffee. I will go back, but I'll be more careful about what I order.

“Fantastic breakfast!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I have eaten here twice. Both times were fantastic. The service is super. I love the fact you have a choice for pancake batter and the add ins make it even better. Make sure you visit the bakery before you leave. We took home Maple Bacon Biscuits both times!! YUUUUUMMMMMYY!!!

• Visited June 2014