“Been going for 4 years”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamworth
Tamworth Camping Area
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Love this Place we always get the same Trailer always clean Well kept ...Bathrooms cleans Friendly Staff My kids love the park and the River This will always be our Family spot so close to everything The animals are Well Kept great Family Place see you in August!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank veryangermom

Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Tamworth this past Columbus Day Weekend and had a very nice time. The campground staff was very friendly and helpful recommending fishing spots and things to do. We stated in site 61 with a 35ft trailer - the site was clean and the fire pits are big with cinder blocks on a concrete pad. The wooded lot was nice, only exception was the seasonal rental behind us had lights on all night which took away from the outdoor feeling. The site was level, with sand which was great for setup. The water pressure was not great but ok. We enjoyed being away especially this site has water views on the swift river, however we couldn't get one due to our rig being to big. Overall I would return to this place.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Mrich69
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed here mid-July. Loud till all hours. We had some other issues that would take too long to explain here but I went to the front desk and requested their help vs my having a run-in with our obnoxious neighbors, I was assured the issues would be dealt with. They never showed up to help and when I addressed it with them at check-out, I got the same "Oh" as another poster did above. I saw the owner driving around on his golf cart but even his presence didn't quiet things down after posted quiet hours. Inmates running the asylum. So many options in campgrounds in our area, we will never go back here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob B
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband and I were very excited to camp here. We were camping just the two of us and the dog...no kids. The site was #16 - right on the Swift River. First impression of the camground was so-so...they don't try very hard to make it appear well kept and landscaped etc...but it is camping in northern NH so we went with it. Upon arriving at our site, we were happy to see it was clean, large and right on a lazy river...just begging for relaxation. We set up on Thursday afternoon and had a great night. It was quiet and you could hear the river flowing..perfect. Then the weekenders came in...the 'seasonal' folks who really don't care about anyone but themselves. The inmates clearly ran the asylum. It was loud, loud, loud. Peace and serrentiy went out the window. We then had people move in to the site next to us (#14) and they were TERRIBLE. They had a yappy dog that wouldn't shut up, two kids that played hide-n-seek until late at night (counting down loudly for all the world to hear) and they literally moved their firepit to the far edge of their site (away from their oen trailer of course), putting it right next to ours. So until midnight and beyond, both Friday and Saturday nights, we had to lie in our trailer with a fire right outside our bunk and had to listen to people who had no respect for other campers or a sense of volume control. We went to the front desk on Saturday and spoke to sompeone in hopes that something would improve for that night...but they never addressed it. Upon check out, we were asked how our stay was. We told them it was not good and why. The woman looked blankly and said 'hmmm....that's too bad'. Clearly they don't care about the level of clientelle they bring in, which is not a place I desire to spend any time or money at. And for those interested with kids? The playground facilites are basically non-existant. I am 42 and played on similar equipment when I was a kid. It's dated, dusty and I cannot imagine our kids wanting to spend any time there. And the petting zoo? It's a joke. They basically have two goats, a pony, some pigs and chickens as pets and market this as a petting zoo. And when you drive through the site area to get out, you should see the dumpy campers that reside there. It's terrible. It's too bad because our site was really, really nice...and if the people that moved in next to us were better I might not be so harsh. But since we asked for assistance to make our stay better and nothing happened, it's a huge sign that this place just doesn't care. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dawn C
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Simply and easily put this campground is a total and complete DUMP.. I've never seen so many old run down campers that are in the wooded area. We were suppose to stay 2 nights we left the next morning when we woke up. I told them in the office the place was not what we expected. They said oh and sent us on our way.

Horrible experience... Don't be tempted by the website and the pictures...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jenn M
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We attended the 15th Annual New England Homebrewers Jamboree here, it was our first year having it at this venue as our traditional home was destroyed by Hurricane Irene.

The group facilities here were great. The bathrooms were the cleanest I have seen at a campground. Good location and good staff, I really can't think of any negative things to say about the campground, I will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe W
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Stayed in Tamworth Campground in early August with family. Loved the quiet and relaxed atmosphere of this campground. Not one of those commercialized facilities with pools and daily activities, definitely more of a peaceful experience and ideal for those seeking just the beauty of the outdoors. Their bathhouses were immaculate, cleanest I've ever seen in a campground. Nice tenting sites by the creek. Ample privacy and fabulous wooded lots. We drove the entire campground and didn't find any spot that wouldn't have been suitable for our stay. Maintenance and staff were helpful and friendly. Their barn yard animals were a treat. Pigs, goats, sheep and a mini horse were so much fun to feed with our daughter. Opted to stay in one of their rental trailers as we had a 9 mo old in tow. Wasn't sure what to expect never having rented a travel trailer before, but we were delighted with the accommodations. The unit (#58) was perfectly clean and had all the comforts of home. Loved being able to go outside and have an evening campfire and all the outside campings things to do, and be able to retire into a queen size bed for the night! Unit had fully equipped kitchen, full bath, 2 separate sleeping areas 1 queen with closet and TV and 1 bunk room with 4 bunks and closet. Additional sleeping was also available in the main cabin with the pull out sofa and adjustable eating table. In my opinion we had one of the best sites available. Close enough to area attractions .. visited Mt. Washington, the Kancamagus Highway, Storyland and nearby Woodstock area made great day trips. Would definitely return and recommend Tamworth when visiting the region. It was a great home base with clean and comfortable amenities.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank AlmostDrumm

Been to Tamworth Camping Area? Share your experiences!