“Yes - I will return !!!”

Songbird Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 15 Restaurants in Tamworth
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have a vacation home in northern New Hampshire and have been driving by this restaurant for almost two years. Finally two weeks ago I decided to stop in a give it a try. The reviews were mixed but I can say the lower reviews were from 2013 and earlier. The reviews in 2014 were better so I took a chance.

I was very please with the food and service. Today my wife and I stopped and again we were both very happy with the service and food, not to mention the prices were very fair!!

We had to wait a few extra minutes for our food but that told us it was being prepared fresh and not sitting in a warming table waiting to be served.

We will continue to stop on our way either to of from our vacation home !!

1  Thank Al O

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Having been here several times for both business and on my time, there is a reason that I keep coming back. Several reasons, in fact. The food is good, the drinks are great and the staff is always warm and friendly. Whether you come in for a meal or just to watch the game and have a drink... you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you want to know where the locals go, this is it. Su and Sam have built there business here in Tamworth. They have a good menu and great drinks. If you want to socialize and chat, this is the place to go. This couple has worked hard to build a successful business and deserve a lot of credit. Hope to see you there!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I was not expecting much from a Chinese restaurant in NH. I thought it seemed out of place and unlikely to flavorful food. Happily, I was very wrong. We were cheerfully attended to and the food was very good. The portions were very generous.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Place needs a major cleaning. Rug is disgusting. Went in with my friend on Mothers day. There were only two tables seated out of approx 20. It was about 6:00 pm in the afternoon. Hostess said sit anywhere. We picked a 4 top table and were told we couldn't sit there because it might get busy for Mothers day. We left. Have eaten there several time prior and food was just ok. Beware of the local bar crowd as evening progresses. It's not pretty.

1  Thank JohnKahnefan