“Great food!!!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Tilton B&B and Inns
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Great food!!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Fabulous pub food, nice offerings. Try the Shepherd's Pie or Steak and Mushroom Pie. Good cocktails with a generous pour. Decor is just average, look a bit worn. Expected more of an older inn. Porch dining available.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I recently went back home to visit friends and family. After much searching, I found the Tilton Inn on a list of places to stay in the Tilton/Laconia area. When I was a teenager, this place was a place that you avoided, but to my surprise, the ratings were high and mostly positive. The new owners have worked miracles with the place and I found the food to be excellent. The pub is quiet and has a huge selection of beer, wine and liquors. I stayed 8 nights in a comfortable room. The owners (Allen and Kathy) were helpful and very pleasant. I intend to stay there when I return next spring.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The zone is mediocre, not for tourists at all. There was not any decent bar around to take a coffee.

The rooms are simple. They have some charm but it was so cold that the next day I was heavily ill with high fever, cough and rheum. The inn was empty, so we changed the room but they were all chilly. No lift, it was a problem with our heavy luggages. The owners weren't nice at all. The restaurant is not bad, but at 9 PM everything was unavailable.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was bone tired last Friday night, when I arrived late at the Inn during a snow storm. The owner checked me in, insisted on helping with my bags, then shoed me to my spacious room on the second floor. When I mentioned I needed to be up early the next day, he said the woman on duty at that time would knock on my door at 6:15, to be sure I was up. She did--with a cup of coffee for my trip. Great place; great people.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BobbyBMiles
foxboro
Reviewed 8 January 2013

My husband has always wanted to stop in this place as we head to his brothers in franklin.He is a history buff.We were greeted by Marge a sweet lady she showed us our room which was a queen bed and had requested king thru booking.com .Only one king suite there so mgr gave us that room.Real nice ,sunny,two rooms together .Very comfortable.Also on booking.com said room came with breakfast.This place does not have breakfast except 4 doors down at cafe.Allen the owner gave us a nice continental breakfast each morning which was real nice of him.Lunch at tavern was excellent greeted by sarah very nice.History of place was very interesting to my husband.Did not eat in dinning room but hear food is excellent and would stop in there when we visit his brother.Checked out all other rooms and brings you back in history.Rooms are spotless.Some small but then you have to realize back in time they all were.
We would stay there again but love the front room.Only drawback was it is on the road and you do hear some traffic staying in front of building.Parking was limited.Only in front of Inn.We will be back.

Room Tip: Love the king suite buttttttttttt you can hear traffic on road right in front .It really didnt bothe...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
RI
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We were professionally greeted by Sarah, shown our room and given a overview of the area and any questions we had were immediately answered. After taking care of local business, upon our return, we went to the lounge to relax and await our table for dinner. The food was outstanding. we were especially pleased with the efficient service and positive attitude of our servers, Meredith and Sarah. Our accomodations and room were clean and bright. We found the Inn very conveniently located and we will return the next time in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank David L
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to have stumbled upon The Tilton Inn. The owner, Allen, greeted us kindly and pleasantly on a busy Saturday night. He graciously showed us the available rooms and they were beautiful - neat, quiet, comfortable, and so cozy! We stayed in the Henry Hudson room which had a pleasant sitting area, gas fireplace and queen size bed! It was just one of those lucky moments, where you meet people who are so helpful and kind! We will recommend The Tilton Inn to others and hope to return again. Thank you for such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Simplicity44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilton
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tilton
The Landmark Inn
The Landmark Inn
#13 of 13 in Laconia
Econolodge Inn & Suites
Black Swan Inn Bed and Breakfast
Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to The Tilton Inn? Share your experiences!