“A must check out!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“A must check out!”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Great food and value, clean and efficient, friendly staff with homemade desserts and baked goods! A nice surprise to find at a resort!

Visited January 2013

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Good Food”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

The food was very good, they don't give you way too much that you can't eat most of it. The steak was cooked perfectly.

Visited December 2012
Medford, Massachusetts
“free diner with stay at shalimar”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Nice quaint place. Had two dinners off the free dinner menu I had a ribeye and fries and my wife had shrimpscampi both dinners were very good and well portioned. the service was also good after a few salads and drinks the bill was only 19 dollars wich I thought was a very good value.would say a nice family place with good food would eat there again

Visited August 2012
Chester, Connecticut
“Very nice in house restaurant. Also open to the public.”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Good food at reasonable prices. Additional perk were the free dinner coupons for house guests. Nothing we disliked about the restaurant.

Visited August 2012
Sandwich, New Hampshire
“Watch out for the restaurant...sneaky and unethical business practices!”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This review is for the restaurant only.
WATCH OUT!! This place gives out coupons in the local papers and makes it seem as though you would be getting a great deal, but then when it comes time to pay, things aren't what you expected....here are my three experiences with this restaurant.

Visit #1: We went to the Mother's Day buffet and had a coupon for $10 off the buffet. It did not say anywhere on the coupon that you could not use it on Mother's Day. The waitress took it (I handed it to her as soon as we sat down), no problem. The service was horrible...never brought our drinks, had to actually get up and hunt her down. She also never took our omelet order (you have to order the omelet at your table). When it came time for the check, she came over holding the coupon and informed us that it was not valid on Mother's Day. I politely asked her to show me where that was stated. She got all flustered, and then disappeared for awhile. She came back with a manager, who tried to tell me the same thing. I once again asked to be shown where that was written. The manager finally agreed to honor the coupon, but acted like she was doing me a big favor. Come on, it was YOUR coupon, why do you issue them if you don't want to honor them?? When I got the check, I noticed that they had taken the liberty of adding a gratuity to the bill, and it was a lot of money! I crossed out the amount there and put in what I felt the service deserved.

Visit #2: I guess I should have learned my lesson from visit #1, but alas we decided to give them another try. We had a coupon (again!!) for $10 off the Sunday buffet, and the coupon language stated "must be two GUESTS per coupon, limit of 2 coupons per table." Since there was four of us (myself, my husband, our two children), we went in with two coupons, expecting to get $20 off the total cost of the meal (per their coupon). Again, the waitress took the coupons before we started eating and did not have a problem. We enjoyed our meal...until it was time to pay. She came over holding the coupons and declared that we could not use both since the kids' meals "didn't count." I pointed out to her that the coupon stated "guests", and did not specify "adults." She told me that she agreed with me, but could not "change what the computer said and the owner is away." We went back and forth for a few minutes, and she finally gave me a gift card for $30 to be used in the next couple of weeks. Okaaay....I didn't really want to come back here, I just wanted what the coupon said I was entitled to, but now I have no choice...I was also very upset that we weren't told this BEFORE we started eating so that we could have made other dining arrangements if we so chose!

Visit #3 (THE LAST VISIT!!!) Went to spend the $30 gift certificate. Went with another adult and 3 kids. The oldest kid was 9. The waitress asked the ages of the kids, but DID NOT TELL US THAT the 9 year old would be charged the adult price. You guessed it, we found out that bit of information when the check came!! Why couldn't she tell us that before we ate so that we could make an informed decision or at the very least not be surprised and aggravated when the bill came?So I left very aggravated...a meal that was supposed to be basically free to make up for being over charged in visit #2 ended up costing me $35 (plus tip). So I say WATCH OUT for this restaurant, they practice the fine art of BAIT AND SWITCH. They will find a way to make you pay after luring you in with a "good deal." Plenty of great restaurants in this area, Shalimar is NOT one of them. I certainly hope that cheating me out of that $10 in visit #2 was worth losing a customer and getting a bad review!!

11 Thank mello11