“a good deal close to Gunstock, NH”

Travelodge Tilton/lake Winnisquam
Ranked #3 of 3 Tilton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed 1 night for skiing at Gunstock. Lowest price within 30' distance. Room was small but very clean, OK for sleeping 1 night. Breakfast was fine, enough calories for the morning ski. Management friendly and helpful. Will use it again if need to be in that area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank ylyl
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Tilton/lake Winnisquam

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently. A few things to note.
1. I got the hotel on priceline for $41 for the night. What a steal!
2. We arrived at the hotel and owner did not seem pleased that two men would be sharing one bed. His look of disgust on his face was clear. That made me feel very uncomfortable.
3. They made me sign some smoke charge agreement. We got to our room, which was cold and smelled like smoke already - yay!
4. We woke up the next morning to head for the "Inn's" breakfast. It was about 9A when we arrive the breakfast was already closed for the morning. No breakfast for us. We turned in our key at the front desk and left to find some breakfast.

So - I get home and a week later they charged us $100! I called the Inn, it must be a mistake. No - the owner of the Inn told me my room smelled like smoke (well, yea... it smelled like that when we got there!). The owner tells me I caused the smoke smell and so he charged me to clean the room. Never confronted me when I left the room and turned in my key. We were at the hotel for about 20 minutes before we left to find breakfast. Never once told me he would be charging me for the smoke smell already in my room.

Now I am left paying $141 for a really dirty hotel room that smelled like smoke!

Don't ever stay here - this owner is extremely dishonest!

Now - go and take a look at some of the recent reviews on this property and see how glowing they are. I challenge you to find those rooms, service and experience at this INN! I think those reviews are put there by the owner...

Room Tip: Find another hotel - this place stinks, the bathroom sink smells like sewage and the rooms are compl...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank reporter_nyny
Rodewayinn_788, Manager at Travelodge Tilton/lake Winnisquam, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Thank you for your review Sir. It was unfortunate that we had to charge you $100.00 for smoking in your room but it is Hotel Policy that we need to comply. You did sign a registration form upon check-in which we furnished you a copy. ( By signing this release form, you understand that if anyone in your party smokes in your registered room you will be charged $100.00 at the time of check out.) You have the right to your opinions Sir I respect that but we cannot question the credibility of the review websites specially TripAdvisor. We cannot make our own reviews. We understand that you are very upset because of the charge but we have to follow regulations. Again we thank you for your review and hope we can all learn from this.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We chose this place because of the price and reviews I read. After checking in I felt, for the first time, that I was at a home away from home. The manager and his family were warm and gracious. The experience was real and genuine, compared to the professional politeness of other establishments. The room was very clean. Opening the curtain in the morning to the sun coming up over the beautiful lake across the road was a treat. I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Bob W
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This property is a little gem. The lake view from our room was magnificent. Our room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Loved the hard wood floors. Staff was very accommodating. Also, great breakfast selection. Close to many restaurants and shopping.

Look forward to visiting again soon.

Judy

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank judyO627
Reviewed 9 September 2013

When reviewing all of the prior reviews on this site (which I based my decision for this hotel on), I can't help but notice how mixed the reviews are. It doesn't seem like everyone is staying at the same hotel. I wonder if some people are talking about another location?

Anyways, with that said, the really hard part about writing a somewhat negative review about a place is when you actually really liked the staff (possibly owner?) that worked there. Whoever checked people in (and it seemed like a one man show) was friendly, and was someone who you wished worked for a nicer hotel location.

Pros:
- The Rodeway Inn was cheap. As in, it was the cheapest option on Expedia when booking hotels in the area.
- Breakfast included fresh fruit (watermelon). The other options, which I did not partake in, seemed relatively decent, and not of the regular really crappy motel kind of quality.

Cons:
- Anytime that your next door neighbor walks around shirtless, and shows more plumber's crack than... well your last plumber, you know you're in a real classy joint. There are chairs set up outside which face the lake where this gentleman decided to park his caboose and smoke the night away.
- It's old. Not Betty White, haha that's awesome old, but damn-I-need-a-shower-now kind of old. It doesn't look dirty, but you just feel the grime.

So the end of the story is this. Nice staff (of one), reasonable location if you're needing to go to the NASCAR track close by, decent breakfast, but holy heck the place reminded you at every turn of how little you paid for the hotel night. I wish that Choice Hotels would spring for a makeover of this location, it would do wonders...

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Great deal, and a beautiful view. The room was a little small but it was definitely workable for two people. It was clean, and comfortable as well. The staff was incredibly friendly and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Aye A
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The room I rented a room with 1 double bed was small, but very clean. The shower stall was very small and the way the bathroom was layed out such that the shower stall door could not open fully due it hitting the bathroom cabinet. Maybe if I rented a larger room with a bigger bed it would of been different. All in all, it was a good value and I will stay there again.

Room Tip: I chose a room with 1 double bed and the room was extremely small. Choose a room with more/larger be...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LarryD875
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilton
Econolodge Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tilton
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
The Naswa Resort
The Naswa Resort
#1 of 13 in Laconia
Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Travelodge Tilton/lake Winnisquam? Share your experiences!