“Has Potential To Be Better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econolodge Inn & Suites

Econolodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Tilton
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Has Potential To Be Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

The location of the resort/motel is between Tilton and Laconia. Across the road - Lanconia Road is Lake Winnisquam. The resort is like an old fashioned motel with a small restaurant and bar. There is a continental breakfast. The resort has many amenities for the price such as an indoor pool, pool table, and across the street is the private beach with deck, fire pit, canoes, and a paddle boat, . The size of my room was a good size for two. I agree with other reviews that there is a need for better housekeeping. There was a towel still hanging over the shower when I arrived. The sheets did seem old and worn and I felt that one of the pillow cases was not clean. The service I received from the ladies at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. I am an airline employee and stay in many hotels/resorts. I feel for the rate I paid there were many amenities. I liked the location of the hotel and the beach/lake across the street. The restaurant/bar was closed during my 2 night stay so I did not have the chance to try it. I do feel that for the rate I paid, the room should have been cleaner, there should have been better sheets on the bed and the minor things like a leaking faucet should be repaired. If the resort pays attention to these kinds of details, it would be full every night. I will try it again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have stayed at this resort before, and it was great.
But somehow this time they completely missed the mark:
- the wifi wasn't working in my room (was more-or-less working in the rest of the hotel, they used the pretext of a thunderstorm to wave my problem away). This is a big one, it's not acceptable in 2013 to not have functioning Wifi.
- the toilet was leaking
- the toilet tank was so cold to be damp on the outside, right where toilet paper dispenser is located, with the effect of wetting the paper each time you dispense some...
- the body wash/soap dispenser in the shower was empty
- the shampoo sample bottle was missing from the room

mentioning these when checking out only got me a "aww, i'm sorry".
I was also disappointed that their restaurant wasn't open on Sunday nights. The restaurant rebate for hotel guests made this a good option for the money....

Room Tip: get room as far away from the back parking lot as possible.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank some_guy_in_boston

Travellers are raving about these Tilton hotels

Manchester, NH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

The staff was friendly and pleasant. The room was a good size but didn't get the feeling it was very clean. Sheets on the bed were very worn and not crisp (and clean appearing) like some hotels and "resorts". We had read reviews prior to going and even though there were more bad than good decided to try it as it was a reasonable rate. Within seconds of first entering our room my son pointed out a centipede-like bug--gross! This probably set the tone for us--we then undid the beds to check for any other creatures. Thank God we didn't see any because that would have been the end of our stay. The kids used the pool and whirlpool--both looked a little cloudy, we just had them shower quickly after. The lake across the street was the best attribute. It was very clear and clean with a nice beach area. The worst thing about our stay had to be going in and out of the back door to the parking area which doubles as a smoking area. Ashtray over flowing and smelly stale smoke smell. Sometimes even having to walk between and through a cloud of smoke while people were outside smoking. Absolutely disgusting!!! They would really do their business some good if they moved the smoking area to the right of the door in the little grassy area with a bench or table. I like to patronize family businesses but unfortunately I don't think I will be back here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

You will always find the staff pleasant, friendly and accommodating to your needs. rooms are a good size and well kept. the pool and fitness area was clean. Had a great time, I will defiantly go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed at the Shalimar Resort for a wedding in the area. When we arrived, we took notice that they use the term "resort" quite loosely. It's just your basic motel that happens to be across from a lake (and the road to cross is a very busy highway).

Some nice things are that it's easy to get to. The lake is nice. It's nice from the outside.

When we got to our room it was rather old and dingy. Although somewhat tidy, it really wasn't as clean as I would have liked (for starters..there was hair that was not ours in between the sheets). The ceiling was actually peeling off in some places. The staff was friendly, but when I expressed my concerns with the cleanliness of the room and if perhaps I could get something cleaner, I was told that they were all booked - outside of a room which would have cost me a lot more than what I had already paid.

I thought the bathroom toiletries were pretty skimpy - the toilet paper was in sheet-form (never seen this before..) and the shampoo/body soap came from a built-in dispenser in the shower. Again - not a huge deal but just not what you come to expect for what you have to pay to stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful time at Shalimar, when going you get what you pay for. It's NOT a chain hotel but a family business. The staff was friendly, amenities plentiful. It was old, but clean. And for those who wrote poor reviews, many of you are just bad customers!! I was hesitant about staying, but glad I did!! Will return again next year!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Threegirlsdsd
rochester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

The Shalimar Inn and Resort is a fabulous place to stay in the Lakes Region located on beautiful lake Winnisquam. You will always find the staff pleasant, friendly and accommodating to your needs. The Inn itself is cozy, clean and affordable. The rooms are in a Victorian style and you will be sure to have a great night sleep. Enjoy their indoor pool and hot tub. If you like fishing, hiking and the lake you will love taking take a stroll across the street and enjoy their private beach, have a fire or take a boat trip they also have paddle boats there for your use for free. If you own your own motor boat enjoy having it with you parked on their beach and private dock for your convenience The food is the best in the area, many items to choose from and you can’t miss Sunday brunch there are so many foods to choose from that you will have a hard time making up your mind. The locals in the area find the restaurant a great choose as well and never fear there is always room for all. Don’t forget spaghetti Wednesday pick your fresh favorite sautéed to your liking in front of you, you will love it! I always enjoy my stays with the Shalimar and I come and enjoy life summer and winter, bring your snowmobile folks there are lots of trails to adventure on in the area many out your back door. This is a family established Inn and your Hosts Sharon and Peter will make sure your stay is the best. I travel quite a bit in the New Hampshire area and Shalimar is one of the very best!
Sincerely & Have a Great Stay……Lisa G.

Room Tip: ask for the front side enjoy sitting outside and looking over the lake
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank lisa g
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tilton
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton
The Landmark Inn
The Landmark Inn
#12 of 12 in Laconia
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
BEST WESTERN Concord Inn & Suites
Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Econolodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!