“Very affordable and nicest staff”

Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tilton
Yarmouth, Maine
“Very affordable and nicest staff”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband, mother and myself stayed at this super 8 in Tilton NH for a concert held later that day. The rooms were very clean, the price was very affordable for 3 people, and the staff couldn't have been nicer. The free wi-fi was awesome, and the breakfast the next morning was more then some hotels will offer you at a higher priced hotel. We will be staying there again in the future!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My wife and I got married inTilton in '07. As a gift I had rented a room for my Best Man here. My Best Man chose to use his own credit card to pay for his room. Instead of not charging my card, Super 8 charged my card along with his. I had even reserved the room in my Best Man's name. The manager of this Super 8 called me on the third day to tell me that he was going to charge me for 2 nights because nobody had checked into the room and he was "being nice". My Best Man tried to staighten this out with them, as did my Father in Law. I have since reported them to the BBB, and disputed the charge on my credit card. Unfortunately the card company believed the lies that Super 8 had spun and I was forced to pay the thieving rats. As much as all this bothered me, the room that my Best Man was staying in was filthy.

So unless you enjoy unscrupulous business practices, dirty rooms, rude staff, and beligerant owners then I would recomend you stay away. These are not good rooms, or good people.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Eric593
hitesh7, Director of Sales at Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Alot has changed in 5 years, New Management, new staff, and the hotel has been completley renovated.
I appologize for your bad experience, but I can't fix somethinh that happened 5 years ago, I can only say that I am confident you would nothave an experience like that now.
Sales Manager

Travellers are raving about these Tilton hotels

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We needed a cheap place to stay while in town for a wedding. The Super8 didn't inspire much confidence on the drive in past McDonalds, but we were pleasantly surprised. It was clean, had great service, and free wi-fi and breakfast. It was just what we needed.

• Stayed May 2012
hitesh7, Sales Manager at Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
I wanted to take the time to thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing Super 8 in Tilton, NH, and thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on TripAdvisor. We certainly appreiciate all guest feedback as we strive to provide exceptional customer service.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Gorham, New Hampshire
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We have been camping at Soulfest, in Gilford (and Lincoln) for years. The now grown kids have a band and have been playing at Soulfest the past 2 years. Last year, we were so blessed to stay at the Super 8 Motel in Tilton. The family who owns/runs this property was extremely accommodating. I reserved the rooms for myself and 7 teenagers hoping they would be respectful. Not only were the rooms spotless and comfortable, the staff made sure all these hungry teenage boys were well fed every morning. The breakfast was substantial, healthy, fresh, and delicious, not the run-of-the-mill pastries and coffee. Even though we walked in with 7 teenagers, band and recording equipment, every member of the staff was more than gracious and helpful, never stopping to tell us if there was anything we needed to let them know: morning or night. I have stayed in many hotels, from castles in Austria, youth hostels in Germany, to The Balsams or Mount Washington. I found the Super 8 in Tilton well maintained, clean, a convenient location, and more than accommodating. I have and will continue to recommend this excellent family business to anyone traveling to the Lakes Region or shopping in Tilton.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Since we are an owner operated business, we take personal pride in our property as does our staff. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and we really appreciate your positive review.
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon

Nottingham
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I am a business traveler and have stayed at the Super 8 in Tilton several times a year for the last 3 years. I have seen many improvements and renovations over that time. It is consistantly clean and comfortable with all of the amenities a traveler needs. The rooms are well equiped with a mini fridge, hair dryer, large TV, coffee maker, and large beds. The sheets and towels are always fresh and clean. The new lobby is bright and inviting. The morning breakfast offers a good selection of items and is presented in an attractive way. I look forward to my stay each time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor facing the river.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
brooklyn
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This Super 8 has a nice lobby and clean rooms. The bathrooms are clean and each room has everything you'll need to make your stay pleasant. The rooms have TV's and WiFi along with a minifrig, coffee maker, hair dryer and microwave. This facility has a fitness center and a friendly staff. It also has a nice complimentary breakfast. It is located near several restaurants, outlet stores, and the lakes region. It's next to interstate 93 which is an hours drive to the White Mountains. We like this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Angelo S
hitesh7, Manager at Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the staff of the Super 8 and our future guests. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor, it helps us to grow and provide exceptional service to our guests.
Thank you for chosing Super 8 Tilton, NH and we hope to see you again soon.

Shediac, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I'm sure they might use the excuse we had a small dog, but the room was terrible dirty, smelly, beds not comfortable everything not good. Hallways smelled like cigarettes or a old hotel, breakfast dry and apple juice taste like water...The heater didn't dare to start it because of the dust build up so slept with a sweat shirt. New renovations advertise was definitely not done on the first floor. I had ask for a clean room for my mother and her dog but I guess they picked the worst and then I told them we need a room for a dog, gave us a price and once there they charged a extra $10 per night for the dog. Not the dog that was going to dirty the none clean room. Bad experience!!

Room Tip: try second floor I guess...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
hitesh7, Director of Sales at Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
We appologize that you were not happy with your stay here.We have two rooms that we use for pets and they are thouroughly cleaned after each checkout, stripped, dusted, washed, and vaccumed. The vents on the heaters are also routinley vaccumed. We use these two rooms because it is impossible to remove all allergens from the air and we need to keep the rest of our rooms safe against any allergies for our future guests. We offer a pet friendly hotel for your convience, so you can bring your beloved pets with you as you travel, but I think you would understand that it would not be a good business practice to allow us to have pets in every room.
Again our sincere appologies for your unhappiness.
Sales Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tilton
Quality Inn Loudon
Quality Inn Loudon
#1 of 1 in Loudon
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford

Been to Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee? Share your experiences!