“Location, location, location....”

Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tilton
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed 3 nights in this motel, which we chose for the price and location combination. The check-up was very quick, and, when the lock in the room didn't work, we were given a new room immediately. One complaint- the corridor and the room smelled a bit stale or musty, even with a lot of non-smoking signs on the doors. However, the AC in the room worked well and took care of it. The room was clean, had a mini fridge and the shower worked OK. Too bad the ceiling is not sound proofed , every step in the room above is heard. The staff is great, friendly, and helpful.
The motel is situated 20 min.from Weirs Beach or 30 min. from Ellacoya State Park and beach in Gilford. There is an outlet mall, supermarkets and fast food and family restaurants within walking distance. There is a bike path next to the motel.
The breakfast had yogurt, eggs, bagels, waffles, cereal, coffee, juice. Fresher fruits and multi grain or whole wheat bagels and bread would be highly appreciated. The dining area is small, I don't know how one manages to have a breakfast when the hotel is full.
Anyway, it served its purpose of lodging on a budget and the vacation was amazing.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Recently booked a room for one night at this Super 8 in Tilton, NH as our family would be travelling through the area on our way back home to Canada. First the pros: Easy to locate off interstate. Great location near outlet shopping and popular restaurants/fast food places. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room rate was very reasonable and included free breakfast. The cons: Although the front lobby/breakfast area was somewhat updated and very clean, our room itself had a very strong musty smoke odor (although the room was non-smoking). The carpet was in dire need of a good steam cleaning. There were finger print smudges on the desks, television, mini fridge and bathroom vanity and bathroom door. Yellow mildew stains on ceiling in bathroom. Upon entering we found a few dark human hairs in the bathroom shower area. The walls are paper thin and we could hear loud banging from the guests next to us. Also sounded like a herd of elephants over our heads as the people in room directly above us walked around (ceiling also not sound proof). Older style furniture. Mattresses were uncomfortable. Bedding did not smell very fresh and there was a hole in the blanket on one of our beds (looked very much like a cigarette burn hole). Free breakfast consisted of processed egg and cheese, white bread/bagels, waffles, and juice/coffee. Would be nice to have an option of fresh fruit and yogurt and wholewheat bread/bagels. All in all, this place was cheap and okay for a quick overnight stay but sorry to say we would not recommend this place nor stay here again unless the rooms are updated and the cleanliness issues are addressed.

Room Tip: Although this hotel does not have an elevator, request a room on the upper level. You may sleep bet...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My family and I recently stayed at this Super 8 and it was very easy to locate and was very clean. I made the reservation through Priceline.com and had requested 2 rooms. Upon checking in, only 1 room showed in the system. The hotel's general manager Mr. Hitesh Rawal was very accomodating and was able to get my 2nd room without a problem. On the day of check-out my family and I didn't make it to breakfast on time. After we checked out, Mr. Rawal offered me some muffins that were left from breakfast since my family and I missed the breakfast that was offered and even though I didn't take them, it was the thought that really counted!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed for just one night. In the area for a Meadowbrook concert.Our first choice (within walking distance to Meadowbrook) was booked, so we looked elsewhere. Super 8 was a nice little surprise. It is very clean,super friendly staff and located conveniently to many stores, restaurants and a short drive to the concert. They offer a free continental breakfast and the price was right for our stay . We wouldn't hesitate staying again when in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I have been coming up to the Super 8 since I was 15 years old. It started as a Columbus Day Weekend yearly event for my mother, sister and myself. Through the years we come multipul times throughout the year. During a weekend stay at the motel my mother got rushed into the hospital. The owner [ Hitesh and family] could not have been more accomodating; as a matter of fact,went as far as going to visit my mother in the hospital. Since Nov. of 2011 we have been coming to the motel as much as possible,for it is my moms dying wishes to spend as much time as possible there. I cannot say enough gratitude for the entire staff and how they have become part of our family through the years.The rooms are always in excellent condition, the breakfast is wonderful and the staff are always fantastic! I can't thank you enough Hitesh for all you and your family have become to mine.. Sincerly, Kelly White Cranston RI

Room Tip: I always stay on main floor and have never had any issues
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kelly w
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The room was quite, and clean. The internet was well above average in reliability. The manager checked often on my stay to make sure there wasn't any problems during my stay. I would stay at this location again for sure and would highly recommend this to others. Remember this is a Super 8 and not a 5 Star resort. But for a Super 8 it is in the top 10% of the Super 8's that I've stayed in, and I've stayed in A LOT as I'm on the road for work 8 months out of the year!

Room Tip: This hotel is very quite in ALL the rooms due to its location.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2012

When you book a Super 8 Motel you only do that because you want to have a cheap stay and don't expect much service or blinky blinky. All you need a clean room.

The super 8 Motel in Tilton however goes beyond this expectation. I stayed there a total of 20 nights in April to June 2011 because I just had started a new job in the region and needed an affordable stay until I find an apartment. The rooms are nice, clean and everything is there for a good night sleep. Although the Highway is not far away you still don't hear much traffic during night.

The breakfast is good and has a nice variety. The staff is friendly and always there if you need something. From booking to final bill everything was absolutely correct. Parking is free, Wifi is free, breakfast is free and everything for a low price. What else do you need?

There is a Mc Donalds and several other restaurants around the corner. And on top there is the Tilton Outdoor Mall down the street.

Room Tip: Take an upstairs room for even better sleep
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank teaki78089
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tilton
Comfort Inn Concord
Comfort Inn Concord
#5 of 8 in Concord
Best Western Concord Inn & Suites

Been to Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee? Share your experiences!