“Review #2”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Troy
The Inn at East Hill Farm
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is my second review in a few years. I love EHF. We went with our whole family (5 kids ages 18 months-8 years) and five adults. We were there during Winterfest, which was a blast. Our kids LOVED line dancing this year and ice skating at the rink. Seeing Chloe (the dog) and playing catch with her is always a highlight. We stayed at the Sugar House this year and I think I like it the best of all the buildings so far. I find the older our kids get, the more fun we have. This is a perfect family getaway. Already looking forward to next year.....

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer A, Manager at The Inn at East Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Thank you for your kind review! We had a wonderful Winterfest weekend this year with lots of good snow. I am glad you and your family enjoyed it so much. We look forward to hosting you again next winter.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We visited the Inn for their Winter Fest. My husband and kids, 10,8, and 6 went for the weekend. We had such a great time! The kids were entertained from start to finish with everything you could think of. They milked a cow, found at least half a dozen freshly laid eggs, pet baby lambs, snow shoed, cross country skied, went sledding, played a million different board games (that they provide), swam in the indoor pool, played ping pong, made cheese, made candles, played bingo, learned contra dancing, made friends, the list goes on and on and on.....The food was delicious and plenty of it. The staff was great especially the younger crowd that worked with our kids. This is a great place for a family vacation. The kids are counting the days until they can come back! (oh, and the rooms were great too, we were only in them to sleep)

Room Tip: Stayed in Trailsend which had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, great for a family.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer A, Manager at The Inn at East Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you so much for your fabulous review! It is great to see how much you and your family packed into one weekend! We hope you come back when you can stay longer and maybe in a different season, to get even more of a taste of life on East Hill Farm. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed at East Hill Farm over Thanksgiving Weekend. We have two small children ages 3 and 5, and met up with relatives who had children that are 9 and 12. The great thing about the farm was that there is truly something for everyone. My kids loved all the farm and craft activities that took place throughout the day. Everything was very well organized and convenient. The food was excellent -- home cooking at its best and it was plentiful. It was so good that I bought their cookbook in the gift shop. We had booked the basic rooms -- I believe we stayed in Cottage 3. I have to say, the room was horrible -- tiny rooms, very low ceilings, spiders everywhere and very musty. We asked to upgrade (the staff was friendly and accommodating), but unfortunately there were no other rooms available until our last night. But we did make the move on our last day, and the upgraded rooms were way better... outdated, but roomy, clean and didn't smell. I also found that basement area in the main house-- where many of the activities are held -- is in dire need of some renovating and had a moldy smell as well. I should also mention that there is limited cell and internet service. My phone actually broke while I was there because of it was constantly searching for service -- it killed the battery and the phone permanently. I suggest turning the cell off when you arrive. Despite these shortcomings, our overall experience was good. So much so that we booked for Thanksgiving 2014 -- but this time we booked a Deluxe room. I am sure after this stay, we'll be able to increase my three-star rating.

2  Thank MorristownTina
Jennifer A, Manager at The Inn at East Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the farm, activities and your meals. I am sorry we were unable to upgrade you right away since we were so busy. I am sure that you will enjoy your accommodations next year. We look forward to hosting you and your family again.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We spent Thanksgiving weekend at The Inn at the farm. My parents have been bringing my daughters and nephews to the farm for years. The kids have all loved it. It's the first time the adults came along. In short we had a great time. We truly relaxed, enjoyed quality family time. we celebrated my parents 50th wedding anniversary there.

The Pro's
Hands down the best staff. Accommodating, pleasant. Just wonderful. Our server, Justin, was a saint. There were 11 of us with very different dietary needs and he made magic happen with a smile. Everyone we met who worked there was smiling, attentive, really can't say enough about how wonderful the staff is.

We loved hanging out by the fire . Played board games and cards. Can't remember the last time we spent time as a family when someone wasn't cooking, driving, doing! We just all did what we wanted to do. The kids ranged in age from 15 to 10. They went horse riding, went to look for eggs, milked cows. There were tons of activities.
We all did the cheese and bread making courses.
Breakfast was superb. Great selection. Delicious.

The size of our accommodation was great with a fabulous view of the lake. Wish we had a fireplace. But it was spacious. Comfortable rocking chair. Plenty of hot water.

The Con's
The place is filthy. Our rooms were so dirty. The bathroom was dirty too.
The farm looks tired. It has gone beyond rustic to hurting. It needs a major over haul. The bedding was inadequate. It was freezing cold and we had the thinnest blankets. There was heat in the room but the temperatures would drop in the middle of the night and we would freeze.
breakfast was great but the rest of the meals were really not great. Mass produced, not really tasty, unimaginative menu's. You would think being on a farm you would get farm fresh food but it really wasn't. Thanksgiving meal was really not great.

They ran out of a few foods during the weekend, granola at the breakfast buffet (which was amazing when they had it) the best farm fresh milk at breakfast (not on the Sunday) and salad dressings.

My kids usually get tons of eggs, this time none. Not one egg from the chicken coop. But it did not hamper their experience at all. They had a blast.

At the end of the day I would not hesitate to recommend the farm to any family. It's a very special place.

3  Thank TEliasov
Jennifer A, Manager at The Inn at East Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that our staff was so accommodating during your stay and that there was something to do for all ages. More and more families are traveling together to celebrate life events or just to spend quality time with each other. I was surprised to hear that you found some things about the grounds lacking. It is helpful for us if guests let us know when they have concerns while they are here so we have a chance to rectify them right away. We are usually complimented on our clean rooms as well as our delicious and plentiful home cooked meals. We look forward to hosting you and you family again in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My daughter, Sarah, loves the animals at the farm. She likes collecting eggs. Last April(2013) she would not eat her lunch until a calf was born. My son likes the food. He has made cheese twice. In April my son, James and I made bread. My husband and my son like to hike around the Farm. The Farm is a wonderful place to visit and stay. It is a comfortable place.

Room Tip: We like the Basic rooms and Trailsend. All you really need is a bed to sleep in and a full stomach...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara D
Jennifer A, Manager at The Inn at East Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for your kind review! It is great to hear how much your family enjoys the farm activities at East Hill Farm. We take pleasure in watching guests get to know the animals around the barnyard while they are collecting eggs, milking the cow and feeding the animals. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Veteran's Day weekend was a bit cooler than we had expected but we thoroughly enjoyed our first time at The Farm. Comfortable rooms in the Sugar House for our group of 6 with ages from 5 to 78. lots to do indoors and out -- milking, feeding animals, horseback riding, cheese making, crafts and good magic show. Can't say enough about the wonderful food. Family style meals of delicious home made foods with snacks and drinks available all day. Everyone on the farm was friendly and helpful. A great mini vacation for he whole family.

Room Tip: Accomodations in various houses around the main farmhouse. The Sugar House was great because it was...
2  Thank Vavo

Thank you for your review! I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and that your whole family was able to keep busy with all of our activities. The sugar house is a great accommodation for families to gather in. Looking forward to hosting your family again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were looking for a farm vacation so our kids could see what working on a farm was really like. A friend recommended East Hill Farm to us, and it was great. I thought it was a little expensive when I first booked, but when you realize that everything is included- 3 meals, plenty of snacks. fresh eggs, and all the activities, it's really not that pricey at all. The food was very good (although not very healthy), and the kids had a blast. The activities are definitely set up for older kids (5+), but our 2 year old loved it too. The rooms are not fancy and there are no TVs (which was great), but no one minded. My kids were up at the crack of dawn every morning begging to go feed the animals.

Room Tip: Trails End has great adjoining rooms for families.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Freya H
Jennifer A, Manager at The Inn at East Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Thank you for the review! We are happy you came to check us out and that you pointed out the value of an East Hill Farm vacation. We look forward to hosting you and your family in the future.

Been to The Inn at East Hill Farm? Share your experiences!